Pages

Monday, October 31, 2022

Something Fishy...

Welcome

I recently tried the 'bubble background' technique (a tutorial can be found here).  It was the challenge for my small NZ Swap Group this month.  
I totally lost my mojo during the month, so I am not sure if my card has even arrived at the recipients as I was so late posting it, and the postal service is not that flash!!.
I did make a sheet of blue bubbles, and one where I I blended in some red with the blue... I used food colouring, and it took me a couple of tries to get the ratios in the recipe correct and get a good result. There will be a few of these backgrounds popping up over the next while... be warned.


This card was made because I totally forgot a birthday... the fish was in an unmarked (A .Express) package, and the sentiments were from an older Sweet'n'Sassy set Birthday Pals - I think it has been discontinued. :(


The compilation of the sentiments were embossed in Brutus Monroe Mermaid Tail ep, as was the fish


Before I stamped the paper, I sprayed some TH Snow Flurries Mica Spray over it, (from last years Christmas Collection) which gave a subtle sparkle


The inside was finished with another fishy, embossed,  sentiment and some blue and silver washi tape.

I am linking this to:
(I coloured my paper)


24 comments:

Glennis F said...

That is such a fun card Maxine, I love the quirky sentiment!

brenda said...

It's a lovely Birthday card Maxine and with a touch of dun as well,lovely to see you at our 700th challenge at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two interesting techniques for your lovely card Maxine, I have never tried the bubbles one (thanks for the link), neither food colouring. That fish makes me smile, and I'm sure the recipient will smile too!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Maxine. Great use of the bubble background

R's Rue said...

So fun

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun late birthday card... that fish quite cute!

Gerrina said...

That BG looks great! And even more interesting with the blue on top of it! Hugs, Gerrina

Kathy said...

thanks for dropping in at my blog this AM. It reminds me to come calling on you! This is a cute card and the sentiment supports the image so well. Nice touch with the hook! I thought of this as a guy card, but my husband's aunt loved fishing as much as any guy! Would have worked for her!

Sarn said...

Ha ha ha . . . a great "belated birthday" card.
With my GD hat on, I'd like to say thanks for joining in at Allsorts on their special week. x

Cynthia said...

Really fun CAS design, Maxine. Love the cute fish image and sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Word Art Wednesday!

At Home In New Zealand said...

Haha, best fishes! Love it :)

Mary said...

Such a cute little card Maxine! Like the technique too. Hugs, Mary

Irish Cherokee said...

Th is a freat card for not haaving any mojo.Love the stamp. The paper is just perfect.

It is tough to concentrate on things here with all of the local sports teams on a tear.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

jimlynn said...

The background is great! Love the bubble look and cute fish. Great card Maxine.
Lynn

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a fabulous way to use up some bubble paper, love the colours and the sparkle behind the fish. I am here with my Design team hat on this morning, thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

aussie aNNie said...

Great use of the bubble technique and those colours are fabulous x

Karen Letchworth said...

Nothing "fishy" about it...this is awesome. Great embossing as always, Maxine. This is really creative and fun. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always SO beyond grateful for your fellowship and participation. I do pray that you're doing well and having a blessed and creative week. I'm here for you always, and I keep you in my prayers.
God bless you!
Karen

Mellzcraftz said...

Fab card - the sentiment is really funny and the little fish image is really unusual but adorable. Thank you for sharing and for taking part in the polkadoodles digi choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

Billie A said...

Fun card, Fun image and love the monochromatic color. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy.

CraftingMum said...

Fab card thanks for joining us at colour crazy

Brenda said...

Sorry your mojo has been missing Maxine, I think we all struggle with him! You wouldn't know it though by this card, it is adorable!!! It makes me smile! I love the fishy but really love that sentiment. What a great way to send late birthday wishes! I am really loving your bubble background, off to see how that works! Hugs, Brenda

Donna Parrott said...

What a great project! Thanks for joining in with a Polkadoodles challenge, Donna P (DT)

Neet said...

Such a fabulous and very useful image for belated birthdays. I love it.
The fish works so well with that bubble background, which I must investigate, and the whole card is fabulous!
Blessings Neet xx

Dawn Frost said...

Very cute fish, hope you've got your mojo back! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn Dt