Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Pussy Cat Love

Welcome

I made this earlier in the month, while singularly lacking in energy and motivation.. the card was for a young girl who was my neighbour for many years


The (Nellie Sneddon) die was sitting on my desk - unused, and as I know the family love cats, that was my starting point, closely followed by the paper, from on an old pad of DP.


I sponged the edges with colours that matched the patterns nearby.  Wink of Stella clear pen was added to the flowers for a wee bit of sparkle


The butterfly was one off a strip of diecut butterflies I was gifted, that I had coloured with some Cosmic Shimmer Lemon Sherbet Lustre Polish, and added some flatback pearls to the body.


For the sentiment I coloured some card by painting on some Lindy's shimmer spray, and then flicked some yellow over it before cutting it with on old S/B die.  I lost the 'dot' of the i, so added a pearl


The cats were coloured with chalks to match their cats, and placed so some of the pattern in the paper grounded them.  this panel was mounted on the bright canary yellow base.


16 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, there is so much beautiful sparkle and cuteness on this card! Adorable!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Cute card for your little neighbour, love those cats and the way you coloured them. I too always lose the dots of the "i"!! :D

jimlynn said...

So pretty and your friend will love it too. Precious kitties and love the shine.
Lynn

Irish Cherokee said...

This card is really cute. Nicely done. She will love it.

Hugs and Blessings

creationsnz said...

I beet she loved it Maxine. I love how you coloured the cats with that soft finish. CarolG

Kathy said...

the card is loaded with cuteness for sure, your creations are full of heart and thought for the recipient!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Maxine.

Brenda said...

Sorry I haven't been by in so long Maxine, I lack energy myself so often because of my Lupus. I love your card for your young neighbor girl. It is so fun with the cats and I love that you chalked them to match her cats. Such a fun and pretty birthday card! Hugs, Brenda

Neet said...

Love those two cats - they make it such a cute card and I should imagine perfect for the recipient.
Love how you marry the inside of your cards to the outside.
Blessings, Neet xx

HilaryJane said...

I know the lack of motivation feeling very well, but you have pulled it off with this little card. Your cats are delightful, I bet your neighbour loved it xx

Sue Jackson said...

What a wonderfully personal birthday card. It's so perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at MMM! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wonderful creation. Thanks for entering you card at Make My Monday challenge
Das een hele mooie creatie. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Make My Monday challenge
hugs
Claudia
DT Make My Monday challenge
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a beautiful birthday card for your little neighbour, love the cats coloured with chalks to match her kitties, I'm sure that almost all of us have lost the dots from the tops of letters at some point. I'm here with my DT hat on, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Anonymous said...

Lemon shimmer was perfect for the sweet butterfly die. Thank for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

Sue - said...

What a lovely sparkly card! Adorable cats too. Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

Helen said...

I'm sure this sweet card was loved Maxine! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HLS - Dies Challenge. :)