This card was made for a Steampunk fan... I love the die cut that forms the central image on this card
I formed an edge to the card using torn corrugated card that I had taken the covering layer off, then rubbed bronze and blue Inka Gold paint on them - it was a get down and dirty day for my hands!
Here you can see some of the sheen
The background card was some that started as a mop up sheet - it is card I bought from a local printer before he shut down, and it has a fabulous texture to it - there were mica sprays and all sorts on it
Both the cogs (above) and the ship below were painted with ink gold paints, and then embossed by pressing the parts into a Versamark pad, and then sprinkling on the powder - it did not give complete coverage which adds to the texture
The sentiment was one I stamped off while house sitting. After trimming it to size, and leaving one edge torn, I embossed the edges with copper
I completed the inside with a set of three diecut cogs, embossed in two of the powders I had used on the front of the card, and also I smudged the edges with ink
I am linking this to: