Pages

Monday, December 19, 2022

From a High to a Low - and a Card

Welcome

Life is never without it's challenges, and this time it's me.  
We have had a very wet start to summer here, and the deck at this rental is uneven, so the water pools on it, and then gets slippery - and yours truly managed to slip and clonk my head on the concrete surface on Friday, much to my daughter's consternation.. she saw, and heard, me fall... 
After 3 hours at the local hospital I was sent home with a check list of what to watch for, and a sore head!!  On the list was a "Do not have a lot of 'screen' time recommendation", and I know why after spending some time online last night... 

But I have a Design team commitment to fulfil, so here I am - but this will be brief.
Our theme for December at We Love Stamping is "I love..."

One of the things I am loving of late is to use my mop-up sheets and mica sprays to make backgrounds, and here is a result...


The mica spray does not show well in the photos, but gives a really subtle sparkle on the wonderful textured card I used as a base. 


All the stamping was done in Versa Clair ink, Pinecone, on the sentiment I clear embossed it


I stamped a truck stamp from Montarga, in the same ink, and covered the windows, and lights with Glossy Accents, and coloured the bumper with a silver pen to add interest.


I slipped  wee snippets of gold paper under the opposing corners of the front panel


And again under the inside layer.

I am linking this to:




19 comments:

Dawn T said...

Hope the head is getting better Maxine. Just keep taking it easy - concussion is a very serious issue. Your card is just lovely. That is such a fun image.

Linby said...

oh dear! Take care of yourself first. Lovely as it is to see this fab card.

Gerrina said...

It is great to see your backgrounds; this one fits the masculine image so great! Sorry to hear of your tumble; nhope the head will feel and act normal soon! Hugs, Gerrina

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, please take care of yourself... that injury sounds dreadful! Your card looks fabulous with the lovely background and classic vehicle.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for you, take care!
Your masculine card is so beautiful and love the background!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Maxine: What a cool vintage truck image. I love the gold accents as well. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you're having a blessed Christmas season.
Karen

brenda said...

Oh dear me Maxine, maybe you and I should be locked away in a dark room together for our own safety! But seriously do take care.

B x

HilaryJane said...

Sorry to hear about your fall but glad it wasn't more serious. Love the card and I can imagine the sparkle xx

Di said...

What a great card Maxine! Just perfect for a chap! I hope you're doing OK after that crack on the head - I have to say that decking scares me when it gets wet as I've always been prone to skating and falling flat - more so on ice of course!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Oh dear - poor YOU. A fall is quite alarming - and even more so when you end up banging your head on concrete! I hope you make a swift recovery and feel better soon.

I think I may have something that will make you feel better hidden inside my satchel. I'll pour it into your hot chocolate when Di isn't looking! Shhh! xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So sorry Maxine to hear of your nasty fall, I hope you are ok, it is dangerous hitting your head. Your card is awesome and the man who recieves this is very lucky.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Neet said...

Oh dear, Maxine, I am so sorry to hear of your fall, it must have been a nasty turn for you and the family. Please remember the comments from the hospital and avoid screen time until you are out of the woods.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a Lovely Christmas and to compliment you on a lovely card. I love how you always out some special touch ie the corners, on your work.
Happy Christmas to you and yours
Neet xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Oh MY. Lord have mercy. Take care of yourself Maxine. That makes me shudder. You are on my prayer list.
Love your card. One of my favorite vehicle years. Nicely done.

Love, Hugs and many Blessings

jimlynn said...

Love that truck image and your great card! Take care of that head and hope it's doing better now.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Sending hugs, Lynn

At Home In New Zealand said...

Oh no, Maxine, I'm sorry to hear you've had a fall. It sounds like you have concussion (as I did after I fell in similar circumstances in 2019), so make sure you follow all the recommendations and take things slow for a few weeks. Sending you much love, Mxx

Kathy said...

I hope you are doing well after your fall. I love this card, the vintage truck and the background..Did you use what we call paper towels in the US. Sometime when you geet a chance I would love more directions on how to do this! I've never used mica spray, will start checking this out! Merry Christmas friend! Kathy

Becca Sadler said...

Maxine= I love your truck card! It would also be great linked to my new-ish challenge blog, FarmQuest. The current theme that started Dec 14th is Anything Farm Country Goes. So anything rural, country, outdoors, farm/ranch, gardening, camping, etc. is welcomed until 12:30am CT December 28. Our first challenge back on March 28 was to include plaid and a pickup truck image. I'd really like to see it posted there. --Becca

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this card nd the mica spray does show. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Yea!!! Thanks so much Maxine for linking this great pickup truck card with its mixed media background to FarmQuest!! Glad to see your talent shared at FQCB! --Becca/owner