Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Tool Time!

Welcome

And another special welcome - this time to Carol G of CreationsNZ. Do pop over and visit, her work is amazing. Thank you for choosing to follow me

This card was made for a man who loves to work with wood, and is gifted in it.


I started by making a woodgrain panel. swiping London Fog Memento ink, and Lawn Fawn Moonstone, Crunchy Leaf and River Rock inks over a scored piece of white card.
This was adhered to a piece of bottle green card


Above it I placed this piece of corrugated card that I had wiped with gold and ruby gilding waxes


The sentiment, a magazine freebie, was gold embossed on the green base.


I was not happy with the card even at this stage after adhering the small hand tools , cut from a frantic stamper set of dies.  I then remembered something I had read on a blog, and took a fine liner pen, the finest I own at 0.01 mm, and formed a 'shadow' to the right of each tool - the photo above shows the difference it made!


I finished the inside with some bronze dotted washi tape.

I am linking this to:
The old is the tool set, and new is the technique of shadowing the die cut
Wood Work is a hobby, rather than primary employment for the recipient


20 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A beautiful masculine card, love the corrugate cardboard detail and the black shadow, such great idea, thanks for sharing!
Happy Sunday

brenda said...

Great masculine card Maxine and super texture as well.

B x

Donna Walls said...

Great card Maxine and the rusty, corrugated card is the perfect accent piece. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx

chrissy xx said...

GORgeous! A FAB design and I LOve the colours on your corrugated card.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Maxine, I am useless at mens cards. Not good because I have two sons and a son in law to make for.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Gerrina said...

Love how you made the texture on what looks like wood and the background looks like panelling! Great card for a woodlover! Hugs, Gerrina

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Maxine,
God’s blessings for 2023, lovely work on this card all the little details make it a great card and as you say the shadowing make the tools stand out better, a clever tip. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X  

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz} {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}


Ellibelle said...

A fabulous masculine creation, Maxine! Such great details on the corrugated card and fun tools! And the DIY Woodgrain paper looks fantastic!! Perfect for a guy who loves woodworking!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Sonja Magnussen said...

Great Card! I'm always having a hard time crafting anything for men!
What a great project! Thanks for joining in with Wk1 Polkadoodles Challenge. Sonja (DT)

creationsnz said...

What a fabulous make Maxine, love those special little touches that make the magic. CarolG

Mrs A. said...

A great idea for a masculine card. Hugs ValeryAnne.

Irish Cherokee said...

Very creative and special card. I love it.

Hugs and Blessings

Kathy said...

hi Maxine, I've been visiting the links you give for new followers. So fun to see all the great work that is out there. I really love this card. Guy cards are such a challenge for me. I love the grunge look and I have most of those tools that I could stamp and fussy cut...thanks for sharing and being a blog buddy! Blessings to you my friend, Kathy

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Such a brilliant card, Maxine! I love it!!
Love all the details, perfect for a woodworker! Your Woodgrain panel looks fantastic! Well done!
Hugs xxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, your use of texture and depth are always top notch and this card is no exception. You have mastered a masculine card that still has a lot going on. Impressive!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful crafting and stunning , gorgeous design. Such beautiful colours xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

great textures and interest, perfect for the handyman.
:) Karen

Carol W said...

I love love love this card. It is so clever and fun. I'm going to have to try and make one for my hubby. Thanks for the instructions also for so faithfully stopping by my blog. I am hopefully back to visiting.
Hugs,
Carol

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love your card Maxine and the textures you have created. I'm sure the recipient will love it. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this month Jayne DT

Neet said...

A perfect card for a man. Especially one who enjoys working with wood.
Love the panel you made for it and the piece of corrugated card at the top looks like a piece of wood that the tools maybe hang from. Incidentally great tools.
Blessings, Neet xx