Pages

Monday, April 15, 2024

Poppies Pt 1

Welcome

And a very warm welcome to my newest follower, Kathy A  
I cannot find if she has a blog to be able to link up here :(

I have finally been able to settle down and do some card making these last few weeks, and on two of the cards I used the same Hero Arts Hero Florals Poppy   stamp set - I also have the matching dies


I started this card with a panel of inky goodness - if I remember rightly I did a couple of monoprints off stencils I had used on another card - come to think of it, it was background for the other poppy card!!

I cut a window using anrectangle  Peek a boo die from MFT, then backing it with a snippet of pale blue card that I only attached on three sides, leaving the bottom free.


The poppies were stamped on more snippets and white embossed, before being coloured with water colour paints.  I then die cut them, arranged them in the aperture and secured them on the reverse of the card with some sticky tape.  I then popped some glue under the leaves, and foam bots for some dimension under the flower and bud, which left me some room to attach the clouds.  They were a bit of an afterthought as the blue looked too stark - again white snippets were used.


The greeting (another Hero Arts set)  was stamped in Versa Clear Pinecone ink and clear embossed on a tiny left over piece from the background, and the I edged it with a wee scrap of white I had painted in the same red as the poppies.

When I first started assembling the card it looked very plain, so I added a very sparkly gold ribbon to the left of the focal panel against the cranberry base,  and some red rhinestones

24 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card and great design, Maxine. I love how you put the flowerinside the stitched frame. Poppies are one of my favourites (along with roses).

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! There is so much to admire about this beautiful card, Maxine! It is amazing!

Dena J said...

Beautiful poppy and a great design with the stitched aperture and stitched clouds. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Gerrina said...

Love the grungy background! And a beautiful rose stamp! Hugs, Gerrina

Di said...

Great card Maxine! I love the poppy peeping out of the aperture - clever idea.

Kathy A is possibly Kathy Asper of https://myasperations.blogspot.com/

She's a lovely lady and makes beautiful cards.

Hugs
Di xx

HilaryJane said...

Great use of those snippets and I love that green inking, it works perfectly with the red poppy. Gorgeous xx

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing work you always come up with.. incredibe Beautiful Creative design! I like the colors that you used!

brenda said...

Poppies are always a hit Maxine, nice design as well, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Maxine. A really pretty card.

Darnell said...

I love that we both had poppies on the mind at the same time, Maxine! Your card outside and inside and envie are all full of lovely elements and beautifully colored! Glad you are doing some card-making again! Hugs, Darnell

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card Maxine, the beautiful poppy peeking out from the window with clouds looks so effective! Great use of your snippets!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful poppy and green inky background.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at DRagonfly Dreams and Stamping SEnsations.
Carol DT x

Sarah said...

What a lovely design. the poppy peeping through the window is a great idea. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Such a pretty creation, Maxine. I love the inside and envelope to complete it. Someone will be thrilled to receive this! Big hugs to you, my friend~
xo'

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so pretty, Maxine. I love the stitched frame that surrounds the pretty poppies. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. That's always an extra sweet treat. Thanks also for visiting my blog. Your comments always make me so happy, and I appreciate you so much. God bless you, my friend.

Carol W said...

What a soft pretty card. So calming and peaceful.

Linby said...

Love poppies and this is so beautiful.

R's Rue said...

So pretty

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Amazing card, Maxine! Love that you have fulfilled this project with the same stamp on the envelope too! Superb!

Mervi said...

Beautiful and fabulous card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Francesca said...

So pretty! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Neet said...

I love poppies and this is a gorgeous image of one. Love the way you have it peeking through the cut out section in your card. Very effective.
Blessings, Neet xx

mamapez5 said...

A lovely card Maxine. You can't beat poppies . They are blooming all along the roadside here now.
You put a lot of work into making this card. I like the peek-a-boo window. Kate P. x

Ellibelle said...

Such a great way to show off the beautiful poppy! Love how this turned out!
Thanks so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner