Pages

Monday, April 29, 2024

Poppies - Pt2

Welcome

Here is the other 'poppy' card I made recently, I can share it now as I know it has reached it's destination. 
  I used a couple of new to me techniques in the stencilled area.  Partial masking under a stencil, as per the Group Of Seven, and double stenciling. which I have seen happening on several blogs, and simply gave it a go....


After partially masking the card base with some paper I had die cut using a curved die. I then used Memento Pear Tart ink through a Newton's Nook polka dot stencil,  then replaced the stencil with a very old Layers of Color leaf swirl stencil and inked with Bamboo Shoots ink.


The poppy I had coloured with Polychromo pencils when I first bought the stamps, then die cut it. It was a bit off centre,😟so the cut image got slid back into the packet and left... 
To redeem it, I layered cut  two layers of green cardstock and layered it slightly off centre - the way it sits on the card, the (too) close cut edge is over the white, and not noticable, but the image pops against the busy background!!


The sentiment, a magazine freebie, was stamped in C.P Grass Skirt ink and clear embossed. The feature panel was then layered over a red base, and some red sequins added.


I stamped the poppy image on the insert, using markers to colour the stamp, then 'huffing' on it before stamping to re-moisten the inks.


The envelope was stamped in the same manner.

I am linking this to:



20 comments:

Dawn T said...

A beautiful card Maxine. It's just delightful.

Sue said...

Beautiful stencilling and poppy, Maxine x

brenda said...

Very pretty Maxine, can't beat a Poppy, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and using the stencil option.

B x

HilaryJane said...

Those new to you techniques have worked really well. I love it and the shadow on the poppy xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is gorgeous! The masked ink blending with a stencil creates such an eye-catching background. And that flower! WOW!

Cynthia said...

Lovely stenciled design, Maxine. Thank you so much for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week. Take care!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and poppy,love the stencilled background.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations and Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

Glennis F said...

Lovely card Maxine, the double stencilling is very effective

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DRAGONFLY DREAMS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love this card! It's one of my favourite from you. Amazing double stencilled background, it's very interesting and just perfect for the poppy! Great saving of the diecut, it looks great here!

Julie said...

Your cards are such works of Art Maxine. Just adore the poppy one ... there is something so timeless about the poppy. The sequins add a nice touch too. xx

At Home In New Zealand said...

What a pretty card you have made :) xx

At Home In New Zealand said...

What a pretty card - and I love poppies! xx

Dena J said...

Beautiful use of the double stenciling! A lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Gerrina said...

I love the stencil use and the stamping on top! Great idea! And the flower really pops on it! Great card! Hugs, Gerrina

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous love the stencilling and that wonderful flower thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

Lovely card, Maxine. The stencilling makes a beautiful background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Stencil option.
Liz xx

Neet said...

The poppy certainly does stand out against the stencilling. Lovely work Maxine. I have never tried double stencilling so must investigate and have a try at it, this card is so lovely.
Blessings, Neet xx

Jinny said...

What a gorgeous card. Love your stenciled background. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

creationsnz said...

Another fab poppy card, and great to see you using your bits (I wish I was better at that). CarolG