Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Game Control Birthday

Welcome

I had a card to make for a grandson who loves his computer games... but I had no stamps and no ideas, until I searched online and found a black and white representation of a game controller...


So out came the design paper, a very old Stampin' Up pad, and I mounted it over some bright green card, then sized, printed onto white card, coloured and fussy cut the controller.  It is not like his own, but big sister said it was ok. 


I cut up, and glued gold paper 'squares' to the background to represent pixels, and heat embossed the sentiment onto some kraft card, trimmed it down and rounded the corners before mounting it


The inside of the card was decorated with a strip of the paper, with a strip of gold over the top of it.
It was a very well received card.

I am linking this to:

Patti's Creations Challenge #220 - Anything Goes









14 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is great, Maxine. Love the colorful background and controls. I'm glad your grandson enjoyed it! Take Care.

Neet said...

I didn't know it was called a game controller so you are ahead of me in the gaming stakes Maxine. This is a great idea and so bright with that frame in a ric rac sort of pattern.
I think these young boys are difficult to make cards for, too old for baby things but not old enough for other things. My nieces eldest has a birthday coming up and I am stuck as to what to do. He plays football nut I am sure i've done that before - maybe table tennis this time, now where have I got a bat?
Thanks for a great card.
Blessings, Neet xx

HilaryJane said...

That was a great idea and you have made it very zingy with the jazzy paper. I am sure he will love it xx

At Home In New Zealand said...

You are very creative Maxine :)
It is a great card.

Julie said...

Oh I have a 9 year old Grandson who would do cartwheels over this card Maxine!!! Just perfect 😊

Gerrina said...

So fitting and I love the pops of colours! Hugs, Gerrina

brenda said...

A perfect card for a lad or in this case your Grandson Maxine, even the rather older ones in our family would appreciate it as still into their games.

B x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun card for a teenager. Love the game features!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Of course it was received well, it is something different and wonderful too, just perfect for the gamer. A super card Maxine. x

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a fabulous take on a gaming control, my first one of these types of card also featured a hand cut from a black and white image. I was feeling rather energetic that day and made the two largest pop up with some layered circles and foam... Glad it was well received... Have a wonderful week... Megan

aussie aNNie said...

how cool is this card ... love the design and brilliant colours here, great post x

Chris said...

A perfect card for your gamer grandson! Thank you for playing along with this month’s ‘Add A Sentiment’ Challenge at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
X

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun birthday card, it's perfect for a gamer! Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday June/July challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Helen said...

A great, fun card!

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Moments Challenge.

Helen x
DT