Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Spinner Flower Card

Welcome

The challenge for last month in our small New Zealand swap group was to make a spinner card.

I watched a video, and though I had it sussed, but did not make the card for a few days, and in the end 'fluffed' the fold, so it is simply a tent style card... 


I started with a smooshed background (again, I have a fair few of them!!)  and a piece of white card that I coloured the edges of with the direct to paper technique using Memento Angel Pink before layering it onto the white base.


I lined the two pieces up to cut the centre oval and then cut the scalloped border, using a scalloped oval die, then cutting the centre out.  The oval cut from the background was then cut again using a smaller oval die, and the  flower die cut and assembled - again the two lighter pink layers were cut from a snippet of  card I coloured with the same pink ink.


The back of the spinner element was where I put the greeting, stamped with some very old clear stamps using the Angel Pink ink.  I used some very fine, iridescent metallic sewing thread sandwiched between the layers to form the 'spinner' mechanism..


I embossed a smaller piece of card for the flap to cover the written message - it's an old embossing folder, then I ended up attaching it debossed side up!  Thankfully it looks O.K.
The card was finished by adding some clear facetted 'bling'
My swap partner loved the card
I have also added this to the Archi-Scraps challenge on facebook - the theme there this month is to "Put a Hole in It"

I am linking this to:


12 comments:

Gerrina said...

Great that you try new things! Would not be a card for me... But like these colours and the depth on your card! Hugs, Gerrina

brenda said...

I wouldn't know where to start with a spinner card Maxine, but the tent fold looks good in the soft shades of pink.

B x

Sarn said...

Very pretty and feminine.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. x

At Home In New Zealand said...

The making of that card sounds really difficult, so I think you did a pretty good job of it! :)

Julene Matthews said...

Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps. Don't forget to add us to your list as it might encourage others to join in. Love what you have done, it fits the hole in paper criteria very well.

Dawn T said...

Certainly was a challenging theme for June. You did a gorgeous card Maxine. Well done.

Sue said...

Very pretty card, Maxine. Great job with the spinner !

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful and beautiful card Maxine, love all the texture. x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is such a sweet card - with so many great features!

Irish Cherokee said...

For a fluff cards this it pretty nice. It certainly was not an easy or quick card. Took a lot of cutting and design work. Great job.

Hugs & Blessing

Julie said...

Even though you say you have "fluffed it" Maxine .. I still think it looks wonderful with so much dimension to it. Love the pastel pinks & love the embossed card 💗

Tracie said...

I love your card. All the dimensions are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.