Welcome - thank you for visiting. Thankfully life has slowed a wee bit since I last posted - I am not that happy with life moving faster than I can keep up with it.
As part of the Priscillastyles group on Crafters Digital Art Centre, when we reached 300 members Priscilla posted a 'freebie' digital stamp, an image called 'Victorian Rose' - this was for a limited time only. It is now available at her shop - see the link in my sidebar.
I enjoyed useing this image on this card - initially I had to think through how I would use this, but then decided to go with the sketch from Midnight Madness Challenge #68 - again - this is the third time I have used this sketch for a card - it is one awesome sketch :-) Thanks again to Priscilla.
The fawn coloured panel to the left was embossed using the cuttlebug Oriental Weave folder, the edges sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Stain distress ink, and then some cream ribbon was wound around the card. The same ribbon was used to create the three wee features on the right of the main panel.
The image was printed twice, and just the rose was cut out from one of them. The image was coloured with chalks, gold Kindy Glitz added to the berries, and dimensional magic around the lines of the rose flower. When this was dry, the single image was mounted over the base image with several layers of double sided tape - I did not want to raise it too much, just to emphasis the flower. The finished panel was sponged with some yellow ink, then mounted on fawn card which had also been sponged.
As I wanted to send this card to a friend who is not well, I found one of my very first stamps and stamped it at the base of the flower in black ink to let her know I was 'thinking of her', and pearls added to the corners for an added emphasis.
Overall this was a simple card to make once I decided what I wanted.
This is being linked to