Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Song Inspiration SSIC Challenge #39

Back again after two weeks away - thank you for being so patient while I have not been able to post, and for all the lovely comments left on my 'Grandma' post.

Today I have been inspired by the Challenge over at Stamping Sisters In Christ which is based on this verse:

Ps, 95:1-3a O come, let us sing for joy to the Lord, let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation, Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God...

Which just happens to be one of my (many) favourites :-).

I recently bought an old hymnal in a second hand book shop for this type of challenge - I have an old family hymn book, but could not bring myself to rip it apart, so this was my solution to that dilemma! When I opened it this morning to start this card, I was stunned that it fell open to this page!


This card was a joy to make as it was such a simple layout, the difficulty was in the detail!!  

The music was torn across the bottom, and then I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink, tea stain.  The wee roses are from the Vintage Roses set from Layers of Color.  I stamped them with some red ink and clear embossed them.

The butterfly was embossed with Bronze embossing powder, and it too is from Layers of Color, from their new release set Joyful Noise - I popped it up with dimensionals, and gave it some bling with the red half-pearls.

The ribbon did not want to be tied and I am still not that happy with the bow itself, but I felt it was time to leave well enough alone.

The final detail was the trail in the bronze bling.

I am also linking this to 
Crafty Angels - Ripping and Tearing

Thanks for calling by, and for all your treasured comments :-)  May you have an awesome day.






6 comments:

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Beautiful xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - wecome back!! This is gorgeous! I love the hymnal and how you have used the Layers of Color art stamp set - you have used it so creatively! I love the colours and all of your detail - gorgeous!!

It is great to see you Maxine, although I think with another grandchild due anyday, you visit 'home' may only be fleeting! Looking forward to hearing some good news and am praying for your DIL and that darling babay - they are in good hands - HIS hands! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - one more thing...We love it that you were able to join us for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Grace said...

Hi Maxine! Oh I am so glad to see you home and creating again! This is so pretty! I love the hymnal music and must find an old one I can tear into as well! I love the LOC butterfly done in bronze ep!!! Stunning and I love this card! So glad you were able to join us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!! We miss you when you're gone!!!

Anonymous said...

Maxine, your card is wonderful. I have an old hymnal and I could never tear it up as it means so much to me. Also, I am keeping DIL in my prayers.

Thank you for sharing your art at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges this week.

Mary Marsh said...

congrats on being chosen as one of the shining stars on ssic this is such a beautiful card