Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I Don't Know What's Happening!!!

Welcome

I really don't know what is happening with my sense of colour - I would never have put these colours together when I first started card making!!


I started this card with scraps on my desk ... the dark green and a scrap of the printed papers, and the green and orange card.


The printed paper was punched along both sides to form flowers.


The crochet flower is one I made some months ago, it was mounted over the purple paper flower and held together with a purple brad.


Here is another view to show the dimension of the flower.


I added some pearls to finish. As I am not sure what I will use this for, I have die cut a sentiment panel, and will store it with the card ready to stamp it when needed.  Two pearls will cover the brad holes.

Thanks for visiting - I am pre-scheduling this post as I am away for a day or so undergoing surgery.  I will publish your treasured comments when I am on the mend.

I am linking this to:
Mema's Crafts - October (fall) coat of colours
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired by - Anything Goes - week 2
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Challenges and Candy Challenge #18 - Colours of Autumn

May your day be blessed.


13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Hope all went well with the surgery and you're back to feeling a bit up to par again.
I actually like this color combo! And I love that crochet flower you made too! VERY PRETTY!
Lynn

Bridget Larsen said...

Its great to be different, nature never coordinates flowers when you go and see them they look like your beautiful card

marsha said...

Absolutely gorgeous mix of colors Maxine! Love to see your experimenting with colors and your crocheted flowers are just beautiful!
Hugs,
Marsha

Elizabeth said...

Whatcha doing blogging when you're in hospital?

Is scheduled posting great!

Darlene said...

Well, my dear, whatever you were thinking, I'm glad that you went with it! This is just great!! I love the colors, the orange and yellow on the crocheted flower really pops against the other colors. The punched border is so nice, and the card stock colors really tie it all together!

Rest well my friend!

mamapez5 said...

So you have your surgery at last. I hope it is very successful.
I think the colours really work on your card. The subdued shades show off the crochet flower so well.
I hope you are up and about again soon. Hugs. Kate x

paige said...

Looks like you had some fun with color combos and trying different elements together. That's what it's all about - fun and creativity!

JD/ Jill said...

Your crocheted flower is really beautiful. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get my crochet hook out again...but still haven't done it...Your flower has inspired me though...smile.
Your card is cheery and lovely. I'm sure it would cheer anyone who received it.
And I also hope that you are on the mend...and get back to card making very soon.

Gemiel said...

Maxine, I'm in love with your crocheted flower!! I've never seen one with pointed petals before. All the ones I see have rounded petals.

Glad your surgery went well and you're on the mend. Be sure to take it easy during your recovery. No wild crafting sessions LOL.

Blessings,
Gemiel

Keti's Projects said...

I love your card especially the crochet flowers as I'm a huge crochet lower myself.

Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši.

Hugs, Keti (DT)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the stacked crochet flowers- I should get some DMC to take on the road with me this weekend! Love your punched border- and keeping you in prayers for a speedy recovery!

Mema's Crafts said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well, but you take it easy so that you can mend quickly. I love your crochet flower, wish I had that talent. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts and my girls and I wish you a quick recovery.

Andreja said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you so much for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši"
Hugs, Andreja