When I think back to how I made this card, which is very typical of my process, I am far from organised - I do not select my background paper and then decide what colours to colour the image...
I started with the image, a (Flourishes) Begonia, and coloured that with chalks...
Then came the background, and I came across this piece that was in my 'stash', I am sure it was given to me by a friend who was experimenting with marbling acrylic paints at the time. I gave it a quick spray with a silver glimmer mist , then decided to use a doily die cut for the flower to sit on, which I cut from a Stampin' Up Christmas pad.
The sentiment I have had for years, and is a N.Z. made one, was embossed in silver, and accented with the lace.
The finishing touches were some silver sequins.
I am linking this to: