Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Giggling Girls

Welcome

Thank you for calling back to visit.

I made this card for a commission, and the customer wanted names on the cards I was making. this card is for a 15 yr old girl.


I started by trying out my brushos again, and this time I loved the results I got.  I also sprinkled on some silver embossing powder before the watercolour paper was dry, and heated it to make the powder melt - it gives a gorgeous effect once it is all dry.


I have a new Alpha set from Couture Creations that gives both upper and lower case letters, so I cut the name of the recipient out of a glitter card, and mounted it over the base, using washi tape to give me a straight line to place the letters on.


The greeting is a digi from Beccy's Place  - I am not sure if it was a freebie, or in a set that has been discontinued, but I cannot find it on the site.  I die cut it with a S/B label, sponged it with pale blue ink and sprayed it with  silver shimmer spray.  The brads were silver, so I coated them with Versamark ink and dipped them into blue embossing powder and heated them.  I love colouring them that way.


The silhouette is also a digi from Beccy's Place from a set called Splish Splash and again it is the first time I have used it - I sized it to suit the card, printed it and then fussy cut it.  It reminds me of a group of young teens, reluctant to part, and giggling together as only they can do.

The card was finished by mounting the panel over a panel of the blues glitter card, and then an aqua toned base.  The customer loved the card.

I am linking this to:





23 comments:

Dawn T said...

Lovely background. Great card.

froebelsternchen said...

So masterly sparkling - I love this card! Happy day dear Maxine!

Beccy said...

What a fabulously colourful card Maxine, and so shimmery too! I love the effect you created on the card base, the silver embossing powder was a great addition as was the blue glitter paper. I like the way you coloured the brads to match with all your other elements. I'm sure your creation will be very well received. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous work and love the matching goodies and that stamp.x [aNNie]

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, I really like silhouette stamps so this card draws my immediately to your image. Gorgeous card!

SewPaperPaint said...

Gorgeous background work and love the sweet silhouette! Hugs, Autumn

Mac Mable said...

Never thought to pop on embossing powder to the brusho's....will be giving that idea a go. Fabulous and unique card, thank you for the inspiration x

VEANA R. said...

Beautiful background ! Thanks for playing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge.
Love & Hugs
DT Veana R.

Darnell said...

That background is excellent, Maxine, and the schparkle and shine on this IRL must be amazing! I love that silhouette and I'm sure Campbell will cherish her card!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #12!! Hugs, Darnell

Gerrina said...

Love the background and the blue glitter from the letters look great! I can picture some 15 year pld standing like this forever and talking :)... Hugs, Gerrina

Lovely Linda said...

Oh I love that inage and your background is perfect with it. Always love the glitter Maxine {{{hugs}}}

Barb said...

Maxine--this card is gorgeous!

stampingbowd said...

So sweet! I do love Brushos for interesting backgrounds! Love your sweet silhouette! Beautiful card!

R's Rue said...

Love.

Loll said...

LOVE the colours of your brushos background. Sweet card for a 15 year old girl! Great job Maxine! xx

Cobnut Crafter said...

Gorgeous background Maxine - together with the image it reminds me of summer rain! x Anne

Shelly Schmidt said...

Nothing better than shimmer- great silhouette image too!

MiamiKel said...

What a deligthful card, and love the silhouette girls!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! Great background!

Brenda said...

Aww, this is a cute card for a 15 year old! I love the silhouette of the girls under the umbrella, looks just like what girls would be doing-chatting! lol Hugs, Brenda

Neet said...

What a fabulous idea to sprinkle some silver embossing powder on - never tried anything like that so that is a must. Love the colour of Brusho's you used - very effective and so feminine too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Barb said...

A super card Maxine with another beautiful background. Barbxx

Monika Reeck said...

The Image is cuute Maxine
and the background wooow funtastic
I am sorry was not go around blogger
try to catch up soon
happy you got my card
will watch your blog if you added it on one of your post
so happy me
hugs
Monika