Pages

Monday, September 11, 2017

Flowers, Glitter and a Greeting

Welcome

This started as a project to colour while I was looking after a grandson the other day, and to also enter it in the Daily Marker Challenge.  I often do the colouring, but don't always get the projects finished.!


I coloured the image (Flower Swag 3 by Tammy Tutterow) using crayola markers - they are new, and very juicy - so much so that when I added the second green to the leaves, it re-activated the first and blended it - the flowers were also very bright.  I dabbed the blue as I coloured, it was so dark.

(the original)


I still was not that happy with it, so next day I tried spritzing a dried sample, liked the results, so held my breath and spritzed the image, dabbed with a paper towel, repeated, and was really happy with the result!!


The end was still fairly bright, but somewhat muted and 'softer' in appearance.  What is not visible here is that there is a wee bit of a 'watercoloured' look to it, and the brush strokes are now blended in.

I cut the image panel into an elongated semicircle, and sponged it with Delicata Golden Glitz ink to tie in with the tiny dots that I coloured with a Signo Gold Pen.
I then mounted it onto the green layer, with a narrow strip of the glitter card top and bottom of that layer 


 I die cut the letters for the greeting from a Couture Creations set from the same glitter cardstock and added the  Spellbinders Border-abilities  decorative one at the base of the card.


I decorated the base of the inside with the same border die cut that I used on the outside - again thanks to the sparkle it is not a clear photo.


Unfortunately I didn't realise the last photos were so blurred - blame the glitter card.  The card has now been posted so I cannot re-do the photos. 

I am linking this to: 




31 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning colours on this beautiful stamp...a favourite.xx [aNNie]

froebelsternchen said...

What a happy card Maxine! I love the glitter! Have a good new week!
oxo Susi

The Red Mullet Band said...

What a nice Birthday card!!!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog!!!
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator.

brenda said...

Always love a bit of glitter Maxine and add some flowers and it creates perfect in my book.

B x

Barb said...

Oh this is so pretty Maxine. I love that beautiful stamp. I've not herd about these markers before. Love your colours. Barbxx

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely card. I love the sparkle. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Mac Mable said...

Vibrant colours and love the colours. The muted version looks fabulous too along with the gold and green x

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Maxine. I love the green-gold colours, the glitter effect and the lace! Kisses, my friend.

mamapez5 said...

We don't always want the very bright colours do we? I didn't know crayola were making pens now. Spritzing was a good idea. It was definitely an improvement for this card anyway. I like the arrangement and the half circle mat, and the green and gold finish it off nicely. Kate x

Cynthia said...

I love primary colors! This is so sweet, Maxine.

Gerrina said...

Great warm fallcolours! So good for the season! Hugs, Gerrina

Pamellia said...

Just a quick word about your new blog design, I absolutely love it! It's very clean and streamline. Makes everything easier to read and enjoy! Your new banner is beautiful!!!

Love your card! Isn't it wonderful when you can turn something that you're not happy with into an element that works perfectly! Your image turned out so beautiful, nice save! I love that you used the green paper backing, it really makes the colours in the image pop! Beautiful addition with the glittery bits! Hope you are doing well, sending hugs :)

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great save again Maxine love you show both side, before and after, and think it made a great card.
God bless dear friend.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so beautiful Maxine! You are on a roll with your coloring, my dear! Have fun. Hugs, Autumn

Princess Judy Palmer said...

All that glitter looks so fun with that boldly colored design. You certainly fixed it up but spritzing it. It was too dark otherwise.

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a gorgeous card, love the flowers and how you spritzed them to take away some of the ink. you have done well with the glitter paper, I don't like die cutting glitter card it all seems to come off, but I have plans to try using hairspray to keep it on... have a wonderful week... Megan

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Maxine! And so wonderfully schparkly!! I tend to water and pat down my bright coloring, too. It's amazing how the color lifts off! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

very pretty Maxine. I really love the end result

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - what grat colouring and love how you softened the colours - your flowersreally pop! {{{hugs}}}

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - what great colouring and love how you softened the colours - your flowersreally pop! {{{hugs}}}

Neet said...

What a lovely card this is. I never thought of spritzing to take some colour off - maybe I will also try muting this way and with a babywipe, am sure the latter should work as well.
I do loke the colours you chose.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a gorgeous bouquet! Lovely card!

Fran said...

Maxine the final colored image is PERFECT! I can see the water colored look. And I love all the glitz. Beautiful Card! Hugs, Fran

Vic said...

A gorgeous image and I love that diecut letter font! Thanks for entering our challenge this week at Glitter n Sparkle! Vic, DT xx

Heather said...

Very pretty! Beautiful image and I love all the sparkle! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Susan Hogan said...

Beautiful - and I like bright colours so I liked both! Thanks for sharing this crafty thing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. I love the image and the bright colors.

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… good luck in the draw and please join us next time.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Morgan's ArtWorld!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh lovely colored the flowers
so happy summery card Maxine
lovely color combo too
Sweet card
hugs
Monika

PS: Try to catch up I am in the office thats why small text (SMILE)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies and Fun Day Friday. Hope to see you again next time.