Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Mercy and Butterflies

Welcome

This week's scripture for my Word Art Wednesday card is from Psalm 103:17.  It's a wonderful promise that if we fear (reverence, hold in awe) the Lord, He will remember us, and our, children with favour.


I started this with some paper left over from another project, this is the flip side of it, and it set the whole 'tone' of the card. 


The silhouette die  came in a magazine a year or more ago, but I had not used it as it is too wide for the narrow side of a card, and too short for the long side. I cut it from a snippet of the same deep forest green card as the base then fiddled around and cut another short length, and trimmed it so it fitted onto one end of the full  length  cut - I was very happy with how it worked out.  The join is in the photo above, but it is pretty seamless, if I say so myself. 



After printing and die cutting the verse, I ran the edge of the card over a Peeled Paint DI pad, but I messed one corner of the bottom edge.... I tried my ink rubber without much joy, and then dampened it with a cotton bud (Q tip) and blotted at it... it did remove quite a bit of ink, but I was still not happy.


No 'garden' is really complete without a butterfly, so I cut a M/B Pippi die in gold glitter card, but it got a bit lost on the background, so I then cut a plain butterfly out of green vellum and placed it underneath, which muted the paper and let the butterfly shine.


As I put those dies away I saw another M/B die that is a line of tiny butterflies that are individually cut, (Now disc'd) so I cut some using a snippet of the same vellum, and put a line of dancing butterflies across the bottom of the verse panel, which hid the 'oops' without detracting from the verse itself.


The trimming from the die cut edge I used to decorate the inside of the card

I am linking this to:



28 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Maxine, so eye-catching! I love the black silhouette die-cuts on the flowery background with the sparkly butterfly. Makes such a lovely setting for the Scripture! x

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous. Clever save with the butterflies. They look perfect fluttering along the edge of the sentiment panel

brenda said...

A beautiful card, the colours are very pleasing on the eye and have a nice Spring feel to them - which I guess is about where you are on the seasons now.

B x

Monika Reeck said...

love the tiny vellum butterfly there Maxine
and nice gold butterfly added
great DP choice too
sweet card
hugs
Monika

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Digi Chooosday Crafting
DT Maria

Neet said...

Such a lovely card Maxine, which showcases the scripture so well. Love how you have used a silhouette along the base of the card and how the line of tiny butterflies marries the scripture to the card. Vary clever.
Blessings, Neet xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this card is so refreshing - all that nature - and warmth that comes with it! Thank you for bringing some spring to my world right now. ;)

Priya said...

Lovely card and I love how you used the pattern paper along with dies in black.
Thanks for sharing
DT Cute N Crafty

Gerrina said...

Great background and beautiful how the butterflies go over to the text panel! Hugs, Gerrina

Sylvia said...

Absolutely beautiful card,Maxine.Love the scene with the flowers and the pretty butterflies.

Groetjes,Sylvia.

SewPaperPaint said...

Amen amen! What a great reminder today and such a gorgeous way to show it! A beautiful card my friend. Hugs, Autumn

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful card .
Thank you for joining us at The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge.
Good Luck
Rose DT

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and lovely quote and love the fabulous flowers.xx

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful card!
Hugs, Susi

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafting From The Heart challenge.
Mary

Monica said...

Such a very pretty card, Maxine. Love the quote.

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Hi Maxine! Thanks so much for coming to visit my blog so frequently.....your comments really make my day! I pray that you and yours are doing well....way on the other side of the world! I watch a lot of nature type programs and I think of you when your little slice of the world is featured. Regarding your card, beautiful as usual! I'll have to do a little cruising while I'm here. Take care! God bless!

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs & Craftiness,
AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

Creative world said...

Beautiful card and great design...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a cheerful, happy card that would brighten anyone's day
xx Karen

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Judy TTCRD DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

stampingbowd said...

Simply lovely! That scripture is a beautiful promise. Your silhouette flowers are beautiful!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

This is beautiful. So much detail:) Good luck on your entry!!Thank you for entering in CuteNCrafty Challenge Blog
CuteNCrafty Mommy
Facebook Page
Facebook Challenge Page
Cute N Crafty VIP Digi Stamp Club

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Cute n Crafty Challenge Blog and I hope we'll see you again in December.

Helen
DT

Wendy said...

Nicely considered card! I think your right about butterflies and gardens :) So pretty ~ & I love the inside too! So glad you joined in our fun at PIP Challenges ;)
Wendy PIP DT
https://Hi-Regards.blogspot.com

Spiral Creativity said...

Wonderful card.Thank You for taking part in lemon shortbread Challenge.
Regards,
Shamita-DT
https:spiralcreativity.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Very nice card. Perfect quote for it,too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Path of Positivity challenge blog.