Last weekend I had fun playing with my alcohol inks again - I used two greens and two yellow/golds on some yupo 'paper'.
Before the inks were fully dried, I put some bronze foil on the damp spots, and loved the resulting spots of metallic shimmer
I was inspired by this post at Sundaystamper Papercrafts blog to use a negative die cut over the background, which in some spots was not how I wanted it to look!
I finished the card by stamping the sentiment and dragonfly in Delicata Gold for a subtle effect, letting the negative die cut take the eye.
I trimmed the die cut piece to be slightly smaller than the yupo, to make the most of the inks that extended to the edge of the paper, and then mounted both layers onto a deep green base.
The 'positive' die cut I left in the die and stippled two green inks on it
and then adhered it to the left of the inside of the card.
I am linking this to: