I am still in lock down, but for all that I still don't have enough time, and somehow the last ten days have flown - the gardens are looking good though, and ready for winter.
I have also got both embroidery and knitting projects underway..
Oh, and a major operation in the bathroom thanks to a leak from under the shower that has only just shown up...
I made this card for my granddaughter who has just turned ten, and she loved it.
I started with this off cut from a piece of watercolour paper that had I used Brushos and cling wrap on, and then sprayed with Lindy's Blue Hawaiian Blue. I also added some butterflies punched from glitter card in pink, blue and red.
As I knew this would be hand delivered, I made this large flower from a S.B die, sponged the paper with ink while still in the die, and then sprayed with another Lindy's spray, but it doesn't really show up, before forming the flower. If you look closely you can spot that I added two wee glittery butterfly die cuts and a rhinestone in the middle.
This butterfly was in my jar of pre-cut butterflies, it is a M.B die now discontinued, and I have no idea what I used to get the sheen on it! I tied a bow of shiny thread and glued it on, but it looked a bit messy, so hid that with the rhinestones, which also gave it extra security.
The tails of the bow, which curled as they had come off the spool, I tucked under the edges of the blue panel and secured them there. I also added a wee dot of glue under them where they touched the panel, just to keep them in place.
This sentiment stamp is one of my first, and this time I simply stamped and embossed it in a 'rich red' powder - the wee jar is unbranded and has been around almost as long as the stamp!
To add to the glamour I put a string of rhinestones across the bottom of the greeting.
The inside was very simply finished with a strip of sparkle tape.
I am linking this to: