Pages

Friday, August 5, 2022

Silver Sympathy

Welcome

Edit: I have changed the photos as the light was better today and I managed to get a better representation of the colour of the die cut sentiment

Just a quick post - I am still house sitting, which has given loads of time to craft, so once I am back home, you will get a lot of posts.  I am well ahead of myself in getting cards made, but will have to be careful as to which ones I share... 

This one is inspired by the current 'Less is More' challenge, which is butterflies!




Very simply made, I brushed some Altenew Rubelite ink onto the card base, and splattered it with water to create some interest,




Die cut (an unbranded) butterfly from silver mirror card and adhered the body only, so the wings lift and give some subtle dimension.




Die cut the sentiment (from Crafts-Too, discontinued) with deep pink mirror card and adhered.
The final detail was to wipe the edge of the card across the pad to 'frame' it, which can be seen in the photos.  It is a tiny detail, but one I love to do.

I am linking this to:



17 comments:

Glennis F said...

Very nice Maxine, the silver and pink go so well together

Kathyk said...

Pretty, elegant and uplifting

Kathyk

Donna Walls said...

This is a wonderful and sweet CAS card desin. It will be a confort when needed. Thanks for playing along at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge and we look forward to more of your lovely designs.
Donna

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, your sympathy card is so pretty - the butterfly shimmers and adds so much to the beauty of the card!

Jan Mahew said...

Thank you for sharing your Eloquent CAS creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Dawn T said...

CAS elegance Maxine.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous colours and brilliant design. Loving this... ♥

cotnob said...

This is pretty Maxine, very delicate.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Laurie Unger said...

What a lovely Clean and Simple card. Awesome job. I love the pink behind the butterfly.
Thanks for playing over at LIM. -Laurie DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Stunning clean and simple card! Wow! Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Gerrina said...

I love CAs and this is so super! Perfect CAs and I love the colourcombi! Enjoy the weekend!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Elegant use of colors and die cuts. Very nice sympathy card, Maxine!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this CAS design and will have to CASE it when I get back in my craft room in September! Beautifully created!

Carol W said...

Maxine, this card is stunning.

Neet said...

So simple, but so effective is how I would describe this card. It is perfect.
Blessings, Neet xx

Donna said...

Very striking, I wish I had the knack for CAS like you do! So glad you shared with us at Jan's Digital Stamp Challenge! Donna DT