Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Birthday Candles x2, or is it x3?

Welcome

I made these cards much earlier in the year, as a result I am unsure of the inks that I used...


The base of both cards is what I call a 'mop up' sheet, where I spray any ink on my work surface with water, and then splat, press, and drag my cardstock through it... It looks as though I also sprayed this sheet with a gold mica spray


The happy birthday was a white die cut I had prepared when house sitting for another stamper last year, coloured with ink and then 'glittered' with some stickles.


The candle fronts were cut from snippets of sparkle card, and the backer from a larger snippet of gold paper, then they were layered together.  
The lace was white, and I coloured it with the same ink as the die cut.


I finished the inside with some toning washi tape..

The second card differs only in colour - same background and composition, but the theme colour  is pink.


The three year olds are girl cousins,  born within hours of each other... 
the cards were for a family member to give to them.


I am linking these to:

(the sparkle  card and gold paper were the snippets)



14 comments:

brenda said...

Great use of snippets Maxine, such cheery cards for a Birthday, if I had to choose probably the blue and green colourway.

B x

Cynthia said...

Fun glittery birthday designs, Maxine. Perfect against the inky backgrounds. Thanks so much for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week! Take Care!

HilaryJane said...

Lovely cards Maxine. Love both colourways and the lace. It is funny how quickly you forget how you made something, well, I forget quickly anyway! xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

They are both so beautiful Maxine, love the backgrounds, the lace, and the way you used our snippets to make the fun sparkling candles!

Sarn said...

Brilliant use of snippets on these two cards.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate xxx

Julie said...

What wonderful cards Maxine & so special for girl cousins born within hours of each other. Though pink is usually my favourite colour, I especially love the green toned one here. Wishing you a great weekend Maxine x0x

Uschi said...

Really so beautiful! Your two sparkly birthday cards are so great. I love the matching color schemes and the stunning backgrounds. And using the lace is just great.
Thank you for taking part in the current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Di said...

Two lovely cards Maxine - gorgeous mop-up background as well!

Hugs
Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! Beautiful girly cards, that the girls will love, I'm sure.
Faith x

Gerrina said...

Great to see that you even use the 'mop'sheets! They are very beautiful sometimes and these for sure are! Great festive cards! Hugs, Gerrina

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, I really like both of these. Very pretty and sparkly, too!

Monica said...

Both cards are lovely...the candles look really neat. I am so happy to be here.

Love,
Monica

Ellibelle said...

Both versions are so beautiful and wonderful sparkle!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Neet said...

Two great cards Maxine, and what a fabulous way of using snippets.
Good luck with everything.
Blessings, Neet xx