Pages

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Feminine Steampunk

Welcome

We have a date for moving, so it will be packing, not cardmaking and blogging that will occupy me for the next few weeks. 

This card was made for my NZ swap group, where the theme for the month was steampunk.


The beautiful image is from Gecko Girls, I sized and printed it, then distressed and brushed the edges with Aged Mahogany and Vintage Photo D.I.s.


I layered some lace that was on my desk onto the bottom of the feature panel, after adding ink and some gold mica spray to it


The cogs were cut from gold card using some (old) dies from Marianne Crafts, tucking some under the panel, and some on top.

The sentiment was embossed on a scrap of ink smooshed card, as when I stamped it directly onto the card base I did not get a good impression - oops.  After die cutting it, I inked the edges to match. By cutting it with a circle die, it fitted better with the cogs. 


The layer between that panel and the base was coloured with Lindy's Mica Powers - Cuckoo  Clock Cardinal and Bratwurst Brown, spritzed with some Grab a Guy Gold, and embossed with an old Spellbinders EF.
That, and the focal panel, were then mounted on some cream card, edged with both the DI's also.



14 comments:

Gerrina said...

Beautiful soft and feminine steampunk! Love the inside too!
Good luck with packing all! Hope it will be a smooth move! Enjoy your weekend!

Cynthia said...

Great distressed design and coordinating elements, Maxine. Thank you for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week. Good luck with the move!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beauty this is Maxine that image is awesome
hugs
lorraine x

HilaryJane said...

Stunning, love the gold and the extra interest on the frame. You are not moving before Christmas are you? I am about to put a card in the post to you xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!! Such amazing steampunk card! The image is stunning and love the lace and cogs added! Great design!
Best wishes for your move! See you later!

aussie aNNie said...

This is just so sweet love the colours and fabulous design too x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Steampunk card and I love the feminine image.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Carol DT x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card looks fabulous - so many details.

Monica said...

Such a beautiful card. Lovely image and the distressing looks so nice.

Happy to be here.

Love,
Monica

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous! LOve your design.Such soft colours too.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
DT Chrissyxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Steampunk has been a fascinating type of art for me. Not sure if I like it or not. I must say this image and how it was done is very feminine. I like the way you have treated the arrangement as well as the interior of the card. It has a soft feel to it. Not easy to do with steampunk. Over all a beautiful way to present steampunk. Bravo!!!

Hugs and Blessings

Ellibelle said...

Such a great steampunk design and love how you finished the inside too!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Neet said...

You know I like steampunk and this is so different. A gorgeous image but the way you have mounted it is what really stirs me. I love the different elements you have used, and the way you have layered them to just peek out from below the image.
What a fabulous card.
Blessings, Neet xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Seems I missed this gorgeous card. Love how feminine Steampunk can be. Love the envelope too.
Faith x