Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2023

We Three Kings...

Welcome

This card is  for the mid-month posting for We Love Stamping, November Challenge, with the optional theme of Christmas Characters

Before I get onto my card, there are some changes to the challenge...

With immediate effect we have relaxed our rules and will now require you to have 'At least one stamped element on the front of entries'Of course if you are a seasoned stamper then we will still love seeing your fully stamped creations and the Design Team will continue to share their love of stamping.

My card is as follows

I 'coloured'  this card front solely with silver heat embossing, 
using two sets of Christmas stamps from Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamps


The image of the three kings, and the sentiment are from the We Three Kings Set


The stars are all from the O Holy Night Set.
I would advise that you stamp all your card front before embossing - I had to do some creative 'shielding' of some areas while I heated other areas... 
I also embossed the edges of the dark blue panel with the same silver ep.


The image on the inside was stamped with Memento Paris Dusk Ink


The envelope was stamped with the same ink.

The prizes this month are:
 
I am linking this to:


23 comments:

brenda said...

Do like that you heat emboss Maxine, the silver looks so luxurious on the deep blue and a lovely image and sentiment.

B x

Dawn T said...

Just fabulous Maxine. The silver embossing on the blue looks amazing.

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, love the silver and blue together, beautiful scene and sentiment. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is a gorgeous Christmas card! Your color choices are great!

Mervi said...

Beautiful embossing, lovely card;-))m

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The silver embossing is just perfect on blue, so elegant and suitable for masculine or feminine recipients!Beautiful stamps as well!

Gerrina said...

Love the combination of blue and silver; looks festive and CAS! Hope you have a good weekend planned!

Kathy said...

Maxine, "Wise Men" Christmas cards are so compelling and this one is beautiful. The simple silver embossing is just right. The sentiment is a beautiful reminder of what really matters! Smiles, Kathy

HilaryJane said...

That's a great traditional Christmas scene. Love the silver embossing on the blue background xx

Julie said...

That is just beautiful Maxine. When I look at the photo of just the wording by itself, it almost looks like embroidery - it is so effective. I am sending your blog link to a friend who is doing her entire lounge in Blue's & Silver this Christmas ... she will love this 💙

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge!

Judy V
GDT

Cynthia said...

Love the elegant embossed scene on Navy card stock, Maxine. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Take Care!

aussie aNNie said...

This is so lovely the design and image make a gorgeous card ♥

Linby said...

The silver on the blue looks so elegant. A beautiful card.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maxine this is so beautiful I love the colour and the embossing a top notch make
hugs
lolo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous card Maxine, inside and out. The true meaning of Christmas.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Maxine. The silver embossing is pure perfection, as always. It's always a blessing to see your wonderful art and I thank you for sharing it. I appreciate you so much.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the silver embossing!
Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
Debbie - C4G DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Irish Cherokee said...

Iconic! Love this card.

Hugs and Blessings

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I thought I had commented on this beautiful card, I love the traditional feel of it and the blue. A beautiful insert and envelope too.
Faith x

Card Creator said...

Maxine, this is stunning! I absolutely love your design, with the sparkle of the silver embossing powder. Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft. I cannot wait to see more of your inspriration
~Tamara (DT)

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely Christmas card!

Neet said...

What a beautiful card Maxine. One of my favourite images which I have used many times in many forms. The gold against the black is so rich looking. I love the inside stamping, another beautiful image.
Blessings, Neet xx