Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Floral Eclipse

Welcome

I'm not sure if I am getting older and slower, or time is speeding up, but I intended to be back much sooner than this..... 
This was the card I made for our wee New Zealand swap group, with the eclipse background technique to be used on the background.


I chose a hollyhock image from Graphics Fairy, and printed it out twice, then went to hunt for a coverdie... and 'she-who-set-the-challenge' only found one in her stash!!  Oooops.
But I am pleased with the result, using the Couture Creations Art Deco Lace Frame. (an oldie that I have had for some years and not used enough)


I stacked the die cut image on another two plain white die cuts - all layers were cut from card, some of which had been used on one side, so it was a great way to use some snippets.


The sentiment is from Hero Arts - the die is two words, but I cut the 'there' off to use just the hello.  Again I layered it, using a pink layer, slightly offset, to define it against the busy background.



After gluing the layered die cut over the bottom image, I added a few pink sequins for a wee bit of sparkle.


The inside was finished with a wee sticker, and a matching one was adhered to the envelope.

I aml linking this to:

I used snippets of card for the layering of the main diecut, and also the sentiment.   


19 comments:

Glennis F said...

A fun technique Maxine, one I have not tried!

Dawn T said...

You certainly chose a great challenge for us... even if some of us found it difficult. Love the image you chose and your coverplate is perfect for the technique.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! The eclipse effect adds such depth and beauty to your card. Gorgeous!

brenda said...

That's really beautiful Maxine, I must give this technique a try as the result is stunning, lovely to see you at our Allsorts 15th Birthday celebrations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Cynthia said...

Lovely Floral card, Maxine. Love the texture with this technique! I have not tried this either. TFS! Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Take care!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning result Maxine. Love the floral image, so beautiful. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely floral card created using this fabulous technique. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for celebrating Allsorts Challenge this week;-))m

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Maxine - lovely technique too. Clever snipping of the sentiment die cuts as well!

Hugs
Di xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Very creative process. Love the 3d effect. Beautiful card. Finishing the inside also finishes the card. Excellent.

Sorry you are still struggling. Prayers out to you.

Hugs and Blessings

HilaryJane said...

What a gorgeous example of that technique. I love it. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Neet said...

What a delightful card and another technique for me to look up. Never heard of it so again I am learning from my friend across the water. I learn so much from you dear Maxine.
As for the "older/slower/time speeding up" I think it is al part of growing that bit older. it has certainly hit me in all those ways.
Blessings Neet xx

Julie said...

Another stunner of a card Maxine. I love hollyhocks - they are one of my favorites. You always seem to have so much detail in your cards - they are just beautiful. xx

Sarn said...

A really lovely card using the eclipse technique.

I have 2 hats on - one for “Playground Scamp”, and the other as “GD at Allsorts” - so I’d like to say thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground and also for joining in with the Allsorts celebrations. X

Gerrina said...

Great way with a great technique and what a great result you had! Love all the flowers and the way you high-lighted the word! Hugs, Gerrina

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a gorgeous card featuring the eclipse technique, love the floral papers, I have three cover dies, none of which fit Au/NZ card sizes, I am unable to join in with this month's Go7 challenge, I don't own the necessary pen and can only find it as sold out. I will endeavour to join in with them next month... Have a wonderful week... Megan

Kathy said...

Maxine, As I read your explanations, I see just how you created this interesting card. layering the hello did anchor it so well. It's a lovely creation and I like it alot! Smiles, Kathy

tilly said...

Beautiful flowers, colours and frame, my sort of card lol thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz Challenge, Tilly

Barb Finnical said...

Maxine, I just love this technique. I will definitely be trying it. I'm going to put it on Pinterest too so I can remember it. Great Work!