Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

A Fruitful Vine

Welcome

A was thrilled to be asked to Guest Design for Word Art Wednesday for the month of June
this is the card I have made for the start of the June Challenge - Weeks #451+452


I wanted to draw on the first line of the verse in particular, so went hunting for my green leaf ribbon - which I could not find, but I did find the gold version!!


I sized and printed the scripture verse, which is available free on the website, and then trimmed it to a tag shape.  I distressed the edges and inked them with DI Tea Dye.  The ribbons I stapled on for a point of interest.


This photo shows the sparkle in the gold ribbon and the attachement of the tag ribbons


The background was a piece of watercolour paper I was experimenting with, and I added some   Altenew Warm Sunshine shimmer spray to it to 'fill in' a blank corner and liven it up.  I also distressed and inked this layer before adhering it to the card base, which, incidentally, is a piece cut from an old manilla folder, as I am a bit of a waste not, want not crafter, and I find brown/kraft cardstock is hard to come by these days.


The inner was also had the edges distressed and sponged, and I stencilled a stylised leaf border down either side. 
I am linking this to:

17 comments:

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a beautiful card Maxine! Thank you for sharing the process too. So wonderful to have you back on the team! Your cards just spill over with Love for the Lord, the Word, and for the body!
Hugs, Ginny

Irish Cherokee said...

You are a true craftsperson. Finding and using what is available to make cards like this is amazing. Love the design and especially the verse.

Hugs and Blessings

brenda said...

A pretty design and I bet the shimmer irl is just lovely.

B x

Neet said...

A beautiful card Maxine which I am sure anyone would be pleased to receive. The scripture is lovely and the gold leaf ribbon accentuates it perfectly. Also it sits beautifully on that background, the colours are just right.
Blessings Neet xx

Regina said...

Very pretty! You are very artistic and creative Maxine!

Sue said...

Maxine, this is beautiful. Lovely sparkle on the vine. Congrats in being guest designer.

Leanne said...

This is very nicely done, thanks for playing our ATG Challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a wonderful day.

Leanne DT Member/KCC

Glennis F said...

Beautifully made Maxine, I too find manilla folders very useful

Julie said...

Thats just beautiful Maxine. The detail you always put into your cards just amazes me. I wonder if you were good at Art at school? I love the idea of placing the tag sort of 3D across the front of the card. 💚

Cynthia said...

Lovely design Maxine. The green leaf ribbon is perfect! So great to have you back with the WAW team. Take care!

Dawn T said...

Congrats on your guest spot... and what a lovely card.

Gerrina said...

I love the grungy background and sunny colours! The branch is a great way to give depth and some playfulness! Hugs, Gerrina

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is gorgeous. I love the way you secured the ribbon using staples. Congrats on being a guest designer!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful verse and card Maxine. x

Cathie w said...

Very Pretty....thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Challenge Corner

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Great images and sentiment. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz

Jane Savage said...

Such a lovely card!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx