Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baby Blues

Greetings again - I managed some time in the studio today and made a baby card using this delightful digi from May Brit.


I used two different designs of baby dp from a Warehouse pack, and embossed them both with a folder called "Gem Swirls". 


The large piece was mounted on the white card stock base, and the smaller pieces mounted the panels of dark blue.


The image was coloured with chalks and 'fixed' with a quick spray of hair spray.  The edges of the image panel were sponged with blue ink.
This was attached to the base with sticky tape, but I used some foam spots in the top left corner to compensate for the layers,  it also gave a lovely sense of dimension to the whole.

I finished the card with a bow and some rhinestones - I had forgotten that I still had some of these larger, clear rhinestones in my stash.


I photographed this in the late afternoon and the white background of the image has taken the colour of the sun setting.... Ah but it was lovely to see the sun!

I am linking this to:

Thanks for calling by - I love it when you leave a comment - it makes my day.
May your day be blessed.

23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute - who is it for?

Kreativmonster said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at stamps&fun=CREATIVITY!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxine - this is adorable! I love that image, the bear is way too cute! Fabulous colours and love the way you have used the layout! Thank you for playing along at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love seeing your cards! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

America said...

Aww, how super sweet and adorable. Fab embossing & great job on sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! :)

Jenny said...

eine niedliche Karte.

Holly Young said...

Adorable baby card. Love your bow and all the textures! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Donna Moore said...

Awww, this is precious! I love that sweet adorable bear, you did a wonderful job on this! Love it!!
hugs
donna

Michele said...

beautiful coloring on a very sweet card! thank you for joining the "special reason" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Nadell said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs Nadell

Shelly Schmidt said...

Sweet card- I love the darling image you used! I wanted to stop by and welcome you to the McMahon Five DT!

Kristine said...

awww, very CUTE Maxine!! Love it *Ü*

Unknown said...

Hi there, I'm stoppin' by to welcome you to the McMahon Five Designs Team, I'm pretty new, I've been with them a couple weeks. I look forward to working with you!
Your card is adorable! I love the textures and layers you used!

Have a great day!

Vicki Romaine said...

This is really a cute card. I love the square sections making up the background. Thanks for joining "A Special Reason" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Peggy T. said...

Awww, Maxine, this is so adorable. I love that little bear. Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Peggy T.
"priscillastyles" DT

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Maxine!
This is supercute! Love the image and your stars DP is perfect for it!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness!

Hugs
Gunn
MMSC DT

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

what a gorgeous card love the colors thanks for joining us at SFC this week...

Hugs
GDT-Bella

Linda said...

Simply adorable.. Love it.. Thanks for joining us at ABS..
Hugs, Linda

Grace said...

Awww Maxine this is so adorable! I love the sweet image and your chalk coloring is fantastic!!! Love the embossing and the bling! Great card my friend! Have a wonderful week!!!
hugs,
Grace

Anita said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is really precious!! LOVE the colorful stars in the background and the image is so sweet!! Such a darling creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Triple Digits Challenge last week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

Brenda said...

What a great card Maxine!! Thanks so much for playing along at Anita Be Stampin!

Kary said...

Hi Maxine, this baby card is so cute! The image is lovely & amazing colouring with chalks!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love that you "debossed" in the background. Another great idea I have never tried. That image is too stinkin' cute!