Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Swans and Flowers

A warm welcome to my guests
 I am trying something new today (?tonight) and pre-scheduling this post - I just hope it does what I want it to, as I am dealing with more than one timezone. A bit of a challenge to this 'second time round' blonde!

These are more new releases from McMahon Five Designs
Sarah's Swans is a lovely vintage image which I coloured with chalks and mounted using some lace, text embossed card and silver fabric that I have had for years and a few rhinestones.

The next image in another one from the vintage image called Poppy - yes, some more flower power.

'Poppy' was painted with twinkling H2O's and also had KindyGlitz added for some extra glam.  I cut the image out using a Spellbinders Lacy Square die on the diagonal. 

This was mounted it onto another square cut with the same die and set square on the dp. The dp is some from a pack from the local 'Warehouse' (Think K-Mart in USA).  
The card was finished with some gold ribbon and gold stickles on the diecuts.
I am linking Poppy to :
The HotSpot Challenge #5 - Diecuts 

Last but not least is a CAS  card using the Modern Flowers - Black image and dp by Studio 313 , another name in the McMahon Five Designs range.  

This vase of flowers was sized to the card, and printed on white cardstock which was had a frame embossed on it and was then cut to size and layered on some mulberry coloured paper. 

 The striped matching border was also mounted on the same paper before being mounted on the cream base card, with a frill of lace and rhinestones.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and read this rather long post, and please visit the other designers posts (the links are in my sidebar) for some more beautiful samples of the new releases.

May your day be blessed!

Edited - I had to over ride the pre-schedule as I got it wrong - oh the joys of time zones :-)


10 comments:

Becky said...

you sure have been busy creating some fabulous cards..

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Three cards this week! You were busy! Love them all! They are all lovely.

Shirley said...

How about beautiful! And each one is just so unique and different from the other! The painting on the first and the lace is wonderful! The second one is so bright and cheerful and I love the die cuts too! The third one is absolutely lovely and the ribbon treatment is very pretty too!

Lovely Linda said...

Gorgeous cards Maxine - I am loving your vintage flair with these lovely M5D images! Gorgeous colours and fabulous texture! Thanks for sharing my friend - I am loving it! {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

Wow Maxine! Look at all the work you have done this week!! And they all came out beautifully!
Congratulations on joining the DT :-)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your creativity has sure peaked- three wonderful cards! I love to see all of the great accents you add! Wonderful post!

Kristine said...

WOW, WOW, WOW... look at you--3 cards this week! Sorry it's taken me a li'l while to get here (last week was crazy!) I love em all. The first image is pretty and love your blue embossed piece, and your 2nd card is full of bling bling--CUTE! and your 3rd is nice and elegant. I love Studio 313's images and digi papers. Thanks for all this inspiration! =)

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Maxine! YOU have been busy and they are all fantastic my friend!!! The first one is so nostalgic for me... love the sweet image and scene! Love all the sparkle and fabby layout of the second... and the third is absolutely gorgeous! I love the clean lines and the colors and ribbon and bling... all perfect touches!!! You really did a great job on all of them!!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!!
hugs,
Grace

Sazzle said...

You've really been busy haven't you? thanks for sharing your card with us at the Hotspot challenge this month.

xx Sazzle xx

Amy said...

Ah, you should all see that lovely yellow skirt in 'real true life' - it just shimmers and glows! Beautiful!