I am part of a small small group of paper-crafters here in New Zealand, and we have a monthly challenge and swap combined. Last month we were challenged to make a ATCoin from some napkin covered card we had received from the previous month's partner, and mount that on a circular card!!.
I had received a piece with a Paua shell pattern on it. A Paua (Pa-wa) is the Maori name for an Abalone family shell fish found on our coasts.
Unfortunately I managed to put my piece in a very safe place...and the rest is history as it is still there! Thankfully I remembered a piece of patterned paper from the dim dark days of my
paper addiction paper collection that had the required pattern on it.
I cut it to the required size, and then stamped a flourish from SU Baroque Motifs on both the coin and the background and embossed them with Paua Glint ep.
The leaf was an experiment with light paste/embossing paste in a mold.. after it had dried overnight, I painted it with Inka Gold Emerald green and purple paints, and when that was dry, added some gold from the same range of paints, which gave a great sheen to the piece.
The main dragonfly was cut using an Elizabeth Craft Small Dragonfly die (which appears to be dis-continued) with kraft card, glitter card, and vellum. It was mounted over some silver thread
The small dragonflies were punched and coated with Wink of Stella - they are so very reflective as the pen blobbed! The sentiments were hand written with a silver pen on black card and attached to the card base, the ATCoin mounted over more silver thread and some gauze, and then the leaf adhered over that again.
Despite the challenge being just that, challenging, I loved making this!
I am linking this to: