This card was made for a swap in a small New Zealand group I am in - and the criteria was to use a lattice and some old supplies or technique.
I started by mixing some Gloss Gel medium with some blue acrylic paint, then using a die as a stencil, (Art Deco lace by Couture Creations, which appears to have been discontinued) I created the focal point of the background. To finish I splattered it with some of the paint diluted with water.
This gives a close up of the texture and gloss achieved.
The rose is an Altnew Die set that I have had for months and not used... The layers were cut from snippets for both the rose and the leaves
This sentiment stamp is over a decade old, and has not seen much use - on the wooden block it is difficult to stamp straight, so I removed it and placed it in the MISTI - bliss - straight, two layers of ink and it was done!
I also ran the edges of the banner and the feature panel on the matching ink pads, which gives a defined edge, but much more subtle than sponging - something I did when I first started cardmaking.
And my little helper had to photo bomb and start playing with the camera strap, just as I finished, thankfully!
I am linking this to: