Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Scraps and Packing Tape

Welcome

Thank you all for your support - I am well on the road to full recovery and working from home this time - thankfully!

The theme for this months swap in the small local group I am in was to use strips of  paper as your background.  I am in awe of how some folks interpreted this - mine was fairly simple - but colourful.


I had spent an afternoon recently gluing waste strips of paper to an A4 sheet of paper, so I trimmed out a piece to fit this card front, and mounted it over dark blue card stock,
Some of the strips are alcohol ink trimmings, glitter, and metallic card, and some tidy pieces from stamping failures.... and my stack was not much reduced at all 😮


The dragonfly (unidentified die) was cut three times and layered,


As was the word die cut, (a Memory Box die).  The top layer in both was cut from card covered with clear packing tape, which gives a 'faux embossed' effect.


The inside had a final trimming added to it.

I am linking this to:



18 comments:

Dawn T said...

Love all the colours Maxine. I love doing the packing tape faux embossing. Looks awesome on the card.

brenda said...

A really effective way to use up scraps Maxine, colourful as well.

B x

Glennis F said...

A lovely card Maxine, a new to me use for packing tape!

Mac Mable said...

So creative, so vibrant and such a fun way to make the card. I am so glad you are at home....take it easy and thanks for the smile today x.

cotnob said...

A lovely, bright and cheerful card Maxine, a great way to use your small scraps of paper.
I'm so pleased to hear that you are on the mend and back home, I hope you will soon be fully recovered.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, the background turned out awesome. Fun card!

R's Rue said...

I love it friend.

Cynthia said...

Love your colorful card, Maxine. What a great way to use up leftover strips of paper! How clever to use packing tape to get the shiny effect. Thanks for the tip! Glad you're doing well.

Gerrina said...

The strips make it so festive and colourful! Hugs, Gerrina

At Home In New Zealand said...

I somehow missed your last post Maxine. So sorry you have been in hospital and truly hope you are feeling much better now. Hugz xx

Irish Cherokee said...

WOW! Very creative. Not an easy challenge to use a lot of colors to create a card. You succeeded impressicely. Nice.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

stampingbowd said...

I am so sorry, I have had my head buried in work. I think I missed that you have been out. I am glad to read that you are recovering! Your card is stunning! I love the scrappy background and sweet dragonfly!

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW Maxine. What an amazing job you have done ont this card. You really hit out of the ball park with this card.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunningly gorgeous, love everything including those fabulous colours. xx

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a superb use of those narrow strips we all accumulate, love the variety of colours and thanks for the tip about using clear packing tape.. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

mamapez5 said...

Neatly done and a good way to use up some scraps. It makes a lovely colourful card. Kate x

Neet said...

I love the bold colours of the strips that form the background to this card. The word in black and the gold dragonfly are all that is needed for this and it looks lovely. I do like the strip on the inside.
Glad you are home, take it easy and get well.
Blessings, Neet xx

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Wow, great idea. I love your colors, cute card. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}