Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2021

What's the Occasion?

Welcome

And a special welcome to Louise from the blog PunknScrap, who is my newest follower.  
Thank  you Louise for choosing to follow me. 

This card turned out to be a bit quirky - but it was appreciated and enjoyed when given.


I started with two unmarked wooden stamps I had left on my desk to use - I bought them second hand, years ago, off a local auction site (TradeMe) .


When I figured they would fit behind the Peek a Boo die cut, I stamped them onto the pale mauve card.  There was a single line frame around the part image that I had to mask out. 




Below the framed image I silver embossed a sentiment ( a magazine freebie)


Touches of silver dotted and pale mauve washi were added to the focal panel


I also embossed a couple of overlapping heart circles in the bottom left corner - they are very faint, and I was a bit disappointed that they did not show up more.

The focal panel was matted over the mauve layer, and then onto the white base


The inside was finished with the appropriate sentiment and some more washi.  I added a layer of cardstock for a sentiment panel as the card front was fairly heavy with the layering. 

I am linking this to:
Centre vertical row. Embossing, image, sentiment
D.L.Art September Linky Party - Anything Goes


24 comments:

Dawn T said...

This is really gorgeous Maxine. Love the soft look of the two stamps and the silver and mauve colour scheme.

brenda said...

Quirky is good Maxine, I really love the design and soft neutral colours.

B x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine,t his is so artsy and creative. Well done!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Great image! And great layout. It’s simple and balanced with the Washi tape. I’m loving that stitch die too. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

HilaryJane said...

This has turned out so well, and how wonderful to have now used those stamps. I love the little silver details and the embossing, great finishing touches xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the vintage look of the images. And, the silver was a great addition to make it beautiful!

Carol W said...

What a wonderful card Maxine. I love the dots and the images on the front are amazing. You did a great job with this stamp. This card is a beauty both inside and out.

Cynthia said...

Very elegant and artsy, Maxine! Love the lavender and washi tape.

Glennis F said...

A lovely card Maxine and a favourite colour scheme too

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done card!

At Home In New Zealand said...

I like the "Life Is Good" - have a happy day :)

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulously designed, love the great colours too. xx

mamapez5 said...

That is a bit different for you. I believe I have one of those stamps but I am never sure how to use that style. This looks really good and the soft mauve works well for it. Well done. Kate x

cotnob said...

A super card Maxine, great stamps - there is nothing wrong with being a bit quirky.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gerrina said...

That are two beautiful stamps! And I love how you used the washi! Hugs, Gerrina

R's Rue said...

Stunning my friend.

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent! Perfect for an anniversary. One of the best I have seen.

Stay safe.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Kristine said...

Very unique,you made a very nice card!! 😊

NanaConnie said...

So beautiful in its simplicity, Maxine! Love those faces. Putting on a DT hat to say how much we appreciate your support of our challenge. Thanks for entering our "Tic Tac Toe" challenge at Creative Knockouts this fortnight and good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Karen Letchworth said...

You are much like me. I'm still always so grateful for each new blog follower I get. I remember my very first, and I'm grateful for every one in between my most recent new follower (who chose to follow me yesterday). Exciting!
Blessings,
Karen

Neet said...

I recognise the image on the right but not the other one - they work well together though. Love the washi tape you have used, silver and mauve always go together in my books.
Good for you doing a peek a boo card - not tried one yet but will soon.
Blessings, Neet xx

Nunzia Carusio said...

These stamps are amazing and love their vintage style.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at Polkadoodles.
×
Nunzia

Annette said...

Lovely elegant card. Beautifully simple.
Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
As You Like It Challenge.

MeSi said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

Merja DT
https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com