Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Be-Jewelled Flowers

Welcome

I am currently blogging cards I made earlier in the year as I am still not at home - but that's fine, I can still make cards, I am just not sure of the quality of my photos of them, as I have taken them on my phone - I will have to get brave and upload them to the computer and find out 😉


This card  started with a panel that I had made last year using brushos and lots of water, then taking prints off the original - I think this was a second 'print' and was a very soft colour, which I then sprayed with a Lindy's mica spray - sorry, I can't recall the name of it. 
The spray did blotch in places, but it looked ok so I continued... 


I found some die cuts that my friend CarolG gave me about four years ago.. I lined them up to curve down the left of the card, and added some clear rhinestones to the flower centres


The sentiment was white embossed on the same dark green card that I placed behind the focal panel, and I added a tiny strip of the water colour panel there too

Then I really went to town and added more rhinestones over the card front - I don't think I have ever used so many on a card - but it worked!! 😀


The inside also had a wider strip of the background  paper added to finish it.

I am linking this to:



19 comments:

brenda said...

I can imagine the twinkles of sparkle in the light Maxine, a very elegant feel.

B x

Gerrina said...

Some cards showoff better IRL...But I can imagine a bit and think this is a great card! Love the subtile lines combined with the twinkling! Hugs, Gerrina

mamapez5 said...

A nice lot of bling. I like that. I also like your muted background and the 'splotches' add character to it. Kate x

Irish Cherokee said...

This is fantastic. It is not easy craftinbg when you are not at home. Wonderful job.

Hugs and Blessinbgs,
Jim

R's Rue said...

💛

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is so pretty with its many rhinestones to add dimension, beauty, and sparkle, too.

Mac Mable said...

Soft and pretty background and extra bling with the Lindy mica spray and yes the blotches from the spray look fabulous. Such a beautiful card Maxine x.

Cynthia said...

Very elegant design, Maxine. Love the sparkle.

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is a gorgeous design, love the card and colour choices. ♥

JD/ Jill said...

This is pretty! I like your card design!

cotnob said...

A lovely card Maxine, a pretty die cut.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Neet said...

They do say you can never have too much bling so I wouldn't worry about that. It is a lovely card, and it shows up as a very subtle colour so I think the photo is fine.
Love the design very classy with that sprig of blossom.
Blessings, Neet xx

Brenda said...

What a pretty sparkly card Maxine! I love the soft background you made with your reprints from the original. The pretty die cut is perfect curved around like that and the sentiment fits nicely snuggled in there like that. I love the sparkly gems and you are right, so many of them but they work! Love it! I hope your "patient" is doing better since the surgery. Hugs, Brenda

Jane Savage said...

Such a lovely card!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

Carol W said...

Maxine this card is beautiful. You did an amazing job on it. Love the added bling. It really makes a WOW statement.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully created- and I bet the sparkle IRL is amazing! I love the addition of the pearls- lovely!

Blanca ramirez said...

soo cute! Thank you for you joining us at Corrosive challenge.
DT. Blanca Ramírez

Neet said...

Love how the rhinestones fit into the diecut flowers and I do like how you have scattered them over the background too.
Blessings, Neet xx