Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Something Different

Welcome

As my friend is starting to feel much better, we have had a couple of hours making backgrounds this past week.  
The first one was using alcohol ink on shaving creme, and taking prints from that - there were three of us 'playing' that morning, and every print was different, but they all had a distinctly 'marbled' look to them.
The next idea was to use Brusho's on shaving creme!! That gave a totally different result!!

As the Brusho's did not immediately spread, we used four spritzes of water to start to activate them


These next three backgrounds were from the same start, showing the progression of colours and also some swishing of the brusho's/shaving creme mix




We found we had to rub the back of the card well into the mix to get a better transfer of colour



On these next two I think I started with more water sprayed over the mix


If you don't press well, or if you have swished the mix and not smoothed it over, you get some white patches, which add to the interest.


We used the cheapest shaving creme available at the supermarket, and plain white, medium weight card for our play time.
Then we spread the final coloured creme onto the scrap paper we had been using for some paper backgrounds.... 


This is me, having great fun finger painting with the mixed up remnants of the coloured creme!
After which I had to clean up!

Hope you have enjoyed this photo heavy post, sharing a fun morning and a variation on a technique. 


14 comments:

Gerrina said...

Great backgrounds! Fun technique! And I think an afternoon spent well...? Curious what you are making from these... Enjoy the sunday!

brenda said...

Background creating is always a fun passtime Maxine and you have covered lots of styles here. Apols for the no show the last week or so, not been so well.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Learnt lots from this fun post Maxine....Thanks for sharing and glad you enjoyed your play day x.

Mia said...

What a beautiful lady you are, Maxine! I LOVE your photo playing with the shaving creme. The backgrounds you made are fantastic. I love shaving foam technique, but never used it with Brusho's. Great idea. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend. Kisses!

Sue said...

Fabulous technique, Maxine and you have made a lot of lovely backgrounds. Looks like you had fun too! xx

mamapez5 said...

I think you all had a lot of fun. I used to do this with poster paint on shaving cream with my little ones in nursery. It was messy but lots of fun. I hope you find ways to use all your backgrounds. Kate x

Ellibelle said...

These all turned out so beautifully and unique! I've only done the shaving cream technique with dye ink re-inkers. I may have to see what else I have around the house to use. I could try my copic re-inkers as they are the only alcohol inks I have. Thanks for the inspiration and reminder of this wonderful technique!

Becca Sadler said...

Marvelous Maxine!!! These are great!!! I can't wait to see how you use the prints in the coming days!! The swirls of colors look amazing!

Dawn T said...

What fun you all had Maxine. Some awesome backgrounds that I'm sure will be used to make something stunning.

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a fun day creating backgrounds, love the brushos on the shaving creme, a bit like using powdered edicol with the children at preschool, they used to love spreading and smearing it all over the table, I had one lad wearing a t-shirt covered in shaving creme up to his sleeves. Cannot wait to see some of your creations with these. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Cinderella said...

Hello Maxine,

I`ve never done that with the shaving creme but these backgrounds look amazing .

Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella
Xx

JD/ Jill said...

It looiks messy..but I bet it's fun. Speaking of messy...my craft table will often look like yours and I'm not even using Messy crafts! It's just me that messy! I enjoyed seeing your results and you having fun.
Maybe I should get out my stencils and my pastes... Yes, that's messy too.

creationsnz said...

LOts of different results, all good. Isn't it great getting inky and messy? CarolG

Neet said...

I have never used Alcohol Inks on shaving foam and certainly never even thought of using Brushos. What a lovely adventurous experiment you and your friends had. What gorgeous backgrounds - all so different. I can feel some shaving foam needs to be purchased before too long. And doesn't the paper smell gorgeous afterwards.
Blessings, Neet xx