Pages

Monday, March 14, 2022

Bee-jewelled

Welcome

I was inspired to make this card from a magazine I bought recently
 - all the freebie stamps and stencils had a bee theme to them.
I will admit to starting with a different plan in mind, but this is what eventuated!


I loved this sentiment, so decided to go with a non-occasion card...


I cut the  hexagon die from a snippet, and stamped the honey comb with Scattered Straw DI, and the lightly brushed with  mustard Seed DI,  and layered it over some more snippets of card to give some subtle dimension. The edges were accentuated with the same inks. 


 The bee was stamped on another snippet with black ink, and the stripes coloured with a marker.  I over-stamped the wings with Electric Black, but the gold in the ink didn't show up much...


So I added Crystal Kindy Glitz to get some shimmer and sheen.  After I had assembled the card I added the three Amber Rhinestones for bling


The inside was finished with some gold patterned Washi tape.

I am linking this to:

(Keep it Simple)


20 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fun and fab make


Kathyk

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this looks fabulous. Love love LOVE the sparkle on the wings of the bee!

Sarn said...

A BEE-utiful CAS card Maxine. xxx

Kristine said...

Ooo love the shine on its wings and the gold washi tape, very nice card Maxine 🥰

brenda said...

A beautifully designed CAS creation Maxine.

B x

SarahR said...

Hello Maxine, your card is just lovely! Wonderful clean lines and I love the bit of bling - it's a perfect finishing touch.

Thank you for joining in with us this time at Sweet Stampin' - hope to see you again!
Sarah
DT - Sweet Stampin'

Gerrina said...

The colours are beautiful and the wings look amezing! A great card! Hugs, Gerrina

Dawn T said...

superb Maxine. Lovely CAS card,

cotnob said...

A super card Maxine, a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pia K said...

What a great idea. I really have to copy, hope you don't mind.

https://pianjanopeasti.blogspot.com/2022/03/just-beecause.html

Mac Mable said...

Perfect non occasion card with the prettiest of bee and love the sentiment too Maxine x. Great to craft and see where it leads you x.

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card
xx Karen

Margaret said...

Such a pretty card. I love it when the honey bees come around to gather nectar from my flowering plants.

Carol W said...

Maxine this is an awesome card. it is adorable. I love how it all turned out.

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card! I like how you did the sentiment!

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and design thanks for sharing at crafty catz

Lynne said...

Super card Maxine. Love the sparkle on the bee's wings. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

Di said...

What a great card Maxine - I love the finishing touches of sparkle too! And that's such a perfect sentiment as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Tracey T said...

Love this - the decoration inside finishes off the design perfectly. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

Neet said...

I love bees and fear for their existence. We must protect our bees whenever we can and we can by careful planting in our gardens.
This really is a lovely card Maxine, I like everything about it.
The rhinestones just finish it off perfectly.
Blessings, Neet xx