For our small New Zealand swap group, this month's challenge was to create a card using a (reverse side) of a die cut to created a print to be used on your card, with another die cut that has been coloured on the 'right' side to match.
I die cut both images from mixed media paper and coloured them with water colour paints, spritzed the one I had coloured on the back generously with water, and flipped it onto the watercolour card front and left it to 'print' for a moment or two.
Once I had lifted it, I moved the paper around a wee bit to move the wet colour across the top of the poppy blooms, then I left both the card front and the other die cut to dry.
(I did do a test run using markers, and got a more distinct print)
The sentiment was die cut from card that I had painted using the same colours.
When dry the sentiment and die cut poppy were adhered, and the card front mounted over red paper then orange card, and I found some perfectly matching orange sequins for a tiny bit of sparkle.
The inside was white card with a piece of gold spotted washi tape down one side, and the edges were brushed with orange ink before adhering it to the card base.
I am linking this to: