Pages

Friday, July 15, 2022

Almost Ethereal Prim Poppy

Welcome

For our small New Zealand swap group, this month's challenge was to create a card using a (reverse side) of a die cut to created a print to be used on your card, with another die cut that has been coloured on the 'right' side to match. 


I die cut both images from mixed media paper and coloured them with water colour paints, spritzed the one I had coloured on the back generously with water, and flipped it onto the watercolour card front and left it to 'print' for a moment or two.  


Once I had lifted it, I moved the paper around a wee bit to move the wet colour across the top of the poppy blooms, then I left both the card front and the other die cut to dry. 
(I did do a test run using markers, and got a more distinct print)


The sentiment was die cut from card that I had painted using the same colours.

When dry the sentiment and die cut poppy were adhered,  and the card front mounted over red paper then orange card, and I found some perfectly matching orange sequins for a tiny bit of sparkle.


The inside was white card with a piece of gold spotted washi tape down one side, and the edges were brushed with orange ink before adhering it to the card base.

I am linking this to:



22 comments:

Gerrina said...

I love that you stamped it lighter; it gives so much denth! Beautiful colours! Hugs, Gerrina

brenda said...

Beautiful Maxine. That Poppy die is one I also have had for years and it always comes out as fresh as ever.

B x

Dawn T said...

Turned out beautiful Maxine. Really shows off the technique perfectly. I still have to do mine... Can't decide what die to use.

Donna Walls said...

That's a cool technique Maxine and I'll definitely have to try it! Thanks for entering The Paper Funday Challenge. We love seeing all the wonderful projects.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Cynthia said...

Lovely technique, Maxine. The poppy die is so delicate! Of course, I love the orange you've used. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, the colors on this are gorgeous! Lovely card!

Becca Sadler said...

Maxine: Thanks for explaining the techniques of how this lovely card was crafted! It's even more special knowing all those steps you went through to get the different images/prints!

Uschi said...

Wonderful card by using a stunning technique. Thanks for explaining how you crafted it. It looks so beautiful. And I really love the orange colour you have used. It looks so sunny!
Thanks for sharing your card with the current EAC challenge.
Hugs Uschi

aussie aNNie said...

What a beautiful card, love this one!!! With lovely colors also.

JD/ Jill said...

This card turned out really nice. You did a great job with this technique!

I just realized today, that I had several comments in my Spam folder...and yours was one of them. so it got published late. I don't know why blogger does that. None of those comments belonged in a spam folder!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Maxine, a fabulous technique - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Irish Cherokee said...

Nicely done Maine. Simple but effective.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Irish Cherokee said...

Like the technique. Good way to do this card.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Darnell said...

As a lover of poppies, I'm aswoon with this brilliant poppy card design, Maxine! I love the way you did your monoprint and kept the card CASlicious! Hugs, Darnell

Carol W said...

Holy Hannah this card just left me speechless which is hard to do. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Wendy Jackson said...

Another gorgeous card Maxine and such a great design I love those beautiful orange poppies ……thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 28 Digi Choosday challenge.

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Ellibelle said...

Another beautiful creation, Maxine. Gorgeous color scheme!
Thank you so much for joining in again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Christin said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing at EAC! Christin

Neet said...

Again, almost a single colour is used to create a beautiful card. I have never thought of doing this technique and it is one that I cannot wait to try. I just hope that I remember when i go home as I am away at the moment and lucky to have internet for a short while.
I just love this card Maxine.
Blessings, Neet xx

Nandini said...

Very pretty! Great to see you in the HLS gallery! Hope to see you again soon.