Pages

Friday, July 28, 2023

Technique Trio

Welcome

Today's three cards started as I taught this technique to my class, and then came home and 'finished' the demo one, and two others I had kitted, but were not used... 
This is another technique by Natasha Foote, found here.  It is quite simple, but very effective!


I added a variation to each card - in this one I used a 'frame' I had on my desk, cut out to form a negative frame on another card.


I also made mine to a portrait orientation, rather than landscape, as my only alphabet dies are quite small, and this gave a better proportion


On the second card I trimmed around the 'birthday' stamped sentiment
I used the same ink as the background for my stamping


The edges were finished in the main colour, by masking off a narrow border and inking.


The inside was finished with three wee flowers, to echo the embossing


Finally a  distinctly masculine make with the brown colourway and geometric embossing


Finished with some metallic copper washi tape.

I have chosen not to link up to any challenges as all three are similar. 


16 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

You always make such lovely cards :)

Glennis F said...

A lovely trio of cards Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, these birthday cards look fantastic - in every color! Lovely embossed backgrounds add so much to your designs!

HilaryJane said...

Love these Maxine. You are right simple, but very effective and you chose great colours. Thanks for the inspiration xx

jimlynn said...

They're all great and so pretty too. Love the embossing folders you used on each one. My alphabet letters are smaller too - I like how you used yours.
Lynn

brenda said...

A stylish design Maxine, looks good in all colourways and a perfect masculine card as well.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

All your three cards are so pretty, and love the fonts you used! The masculine one catches my eyes, it's a great idea to make a card for male, they are always so difficult for me!

Julie said...

They look amazing Maxine!! I love the embossed effect on them too. That masculine one is quite striking. You have some wonderful ideas. Its a rather chilly frosty one this morning here in my area - minus 1 degrees. Hoping we get a sunny day once the fog goes away. Enjoy the weekend xx

Gerrina said...

It may be a simple technique, but they are beautifully CAS! One that I would like to try once... Hugs, Gerrina

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What lovely card Maxine, I love the simplicity of your colouring and layers.
Faith x

Brenda said...

Wow, I am so loving these simple but so cool looking cards Maxine! They remind me of Lou Collins with her 5 min card makes. I will have to go watch the video you have links and give this a try myself. Super cool! Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

Maxine, all three are wonderful birthday cards using the same design and then embellished, embossed, or colored to make them individual! Thank you for the Threefer inspiration! I especially love the frame idea as I've got a pile of those on hand! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Maxine. Great technqiue.

JD/ Jill said...

These are lovely! You are inspiring me to get out my embossing folders!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning colours and technique , you never fail to amaze me with the ideas you come up with.. xx [Nat has some great videos too]

Neet said...

I get all my new techniques from you - thank you so much for yet another one. Very effective and ideal for a male card in any colour - but the brown one is especially suitable. What a great idea.
Blessings Neet xx