Today's card was made for our wee N.Z swap group - and the challenge this month was a trellis card!
I started by using an embossing folder and the letterpress technique. I took Memento Tangerine ink to ink the folder and ran the face of the card through the folder, then cut the battens from the bottom part. I adhered the three cross battens between both layers of the uprights, the very bottom one on the top, and secured the uprights behind the upper portion of the panel
Stamped and gold embossed a flower from an Art By Marlene set on purple card, and bleached out the outer rim of the petals. Die cut three leaves to add under that before adhering to the front of the card.
The sentiment (a magazine freebie) was gold embossed on a snippet of the purple card and adhered to a horizontal batten. The butterflies were wee punched ones I had used as masks, and I added three to the card, drawing in a body, head and antenna with a gold pen.
To add some pizzazz to the flower I dribbled on some glue and added some micro beads to the centre
The flowers were stamped on the envelope in Queen For A Day ink by Catherine Pooler. I had inadvertently stamped them on the opposite side of the envelope to normal, but the postage stamp covered the boo boo where the ink didn't stamp...
I am linking this to:
I used three butterflies