Pages

Friday, September 1, 2023

Stylised Sunflowers

Welcome

I had intended being back here again, but life, including a virus, intervened...
I made this card from items on my desk... not that it reduced the pile by much


The card background is a an Altenew stencil that I had been 'playing' with, using Catherine Pooler Twilight ink.  It was a bit stark, so to soften it, I brushed over some memento London Fog ink


The image is a digi image that I had printed out months ago - with no notes to say where it was from,  I suspect it was from Graphic Fairy, but no certainty.

I initially coloured it with AI pens, but my range is very limited, so I added shading with pencils
Once it was coloured I cut it using a Sizzex stitched oval die, then before I removed the die, I brushed over some blue and green inks, using the inks that were on the brushes





The sentiment (a magazine freebie) was stamped and embossed with Brutus Monroe Mermaid Tail ep.
The image panel was mounted over some silver sparkle paper, with a silver ribbon at the base of it.
This panel was then mounted to the left and top of the blue base card as I had also done to the oval


I hunted out a NBUS sunflower stamp from a local firm that has closed, and stamped that in 
London Fog ink on both the inside and the envelope.

I am linking this to:



24 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful card, such lovely colouring!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

brenda said...

Beautiful Sunflowers Maxine and a rather prettily edges oval die as well.

B x

Gerrina said...

Love the background, the image and how you coloured it! Sorry to hear you had a virus; hope you are totally well again! Hugs, Gerrina

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really beautiful Maxine, I love sunflowers.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... I love your sunflowers card, Maxine! Sunflowers are my favorite flower. Gorgeous!

Cynthia said...

Lovely birthday card design, Maxine. The stencil background is perfect for the sunflower digital image. Hope you are feeling better!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely stamp, so beautifully coloured and he soft grey add elegance to the design! Beautiful card. Hope you feel better now.

Dawn T said...

A very elegant card Maxine.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous stamp, beautifully shown off Maxine, love the die cut frame, with the silver bow. All so very lovely.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

Pretty stencil background and of course I love the way you showcased the beautiful sunflowers. So lovely! Hope you're feeling ok after whatever kind of nasty virus you had.
Lynn

Brenda said...

I sure hope if you had a virus, you are feeling better now Maxine! Your card is gorgeous! I love the beautiful sunflower image and I love that you used both alcohol inks and pencils on it. I love when the two are combined, just forget to do that! LOL Hugs, Brenda

HilaryJane said...

Love this. I like how you have used the grey ink to compliment the sunflowers, it works a treat xx

Margaret said...

This turned out so lovely with all your tweaking and stamping. Beautiful image and great coloring.

Helen said...

Beautiful card - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Bastelmichaela said...

Its a beautiful Card, thank you for participating in the Challenge up your Life, Hugs Michaela

wienerhoneymooners said...

FABULOUS!!!!
Thank you for joining us this week at the Krafty Chicks "Anything Goes"
Please join us again, we love seeing your creations!
-Kimberly
Guesting at Krafty Chicks Challenge

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creative and fabulous design, and the colours really pop. ♥

Pattie G said...

What a pretty card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Anything Goes”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

Kathy said...

I love your card, the sunflowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing all the details of what you did, how clever to do the blue and green while it was still in the die...I never thought of that but I'm going to do it soon. I hope you are better, these viruses can be so rough! Smiles, Kathy PS- I had to smile when I read that your stack on your desk wasn't reduced by much!

laurie said...

Love the sunflowers! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Neet said...

This is a lovely card Maxine. I love the central image of sunflowers, always a beautiful bright flower to use. But what intrigued me was your use of London Fog. I love mine but only ever use it for stamping images with, now I will use it in other ways. Thank you so much for the inspiration - I love that background you made.
Hugs, Neet xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card!

Bastelei said...

Your sunflower card is realy eyecatcher! Love your coloring.
Thanks for sharing it at CUYL.
GDT Heidi