Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Change of Medium

Welcome

As I have had to rest a lot of late, I have been knitting, and this is the result.

It started with the jacket, called 'hug me tight' on the pattern.  It is knitted in 3 ply wool.
Part way through I thought I had not bought enough wool, so ordered another ball, and it came in a slightly different shade of grey... so there was some creative knitting called for - it was only after I had changed colour across the back section and was almost finished that I realised my error, and I had not needed to buy the extra wool.  


To finish the main jacket, I edged it with a pale aqua wool, 


and made the flowers at the base of the cord, which I twisted in the three shades of wool.


To use up the surplus wool, I then found an online pattern for a hat...


And mittens,


and a friend lent me a pattern for the bootees.


All the way through I was trying to use all three shades of wool to make it look as though it was intended to be like that.

I hope you enjoyed this change of medium - hopefully I will get back into more card making shortly


12 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Maxine. Love doing baby knitting.

brenda said...

What a pretty little set Maxine, the jacket design is very nice with the tie front instead of buttons.

B x

Gerrina said...

What a super set! Timeless and beautiful colours! Wish I had more hours in the day; would love to knit again... Still 2 days of the holiday left; hope at least to get a bit creative... Enjoy your weekend!

jimlynn said...

Maxine, this is beyond adorable! LOVE!! You're so talented and creative to be able to do this and it's just so pretty. The tiny flowers..... everything!!! It's precious.
Lynn

HilaryJane said...

Oh I know how frustrating it is when you make errors like that. It happens to me all the time, but it all worked out in the end. this little set is so cute. I hope you have someone special to give it to xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! How sweet and cute set for a baby!! Love everything and especially that jacket wit the the tie front and the flowers! You are very talented!

Neet said...

Well, this change of medium shows just how talented you are. What a delightful little jacket, what a fabulous pattern you worked with, but how fabulous you did that colour change. I am impressed, it looks as if it was intended to be like that.
Sorry you are not feeling your usual self, I hope you improve soon with rest.
Blessings, Neet xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

You are so talented, Maxine! This is adorable!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! Such a lovely design and beautiful knitting too. Hope you're feeling OK.
Faith x

Kathy said...

Oh Maxine, these little things are just adorable and precious. My mom used to knit sets like these for the new babies! They are just beautiful. You are very talented. Mom tried to teach me to knit, but alas, I just couldn't get the knack of it. I couldn't keep the proper tension! Thanks for sharing these sweet creations. Just seeing them brings a smile to my face. Kathy

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable Maxine!! I learned to crochet before knitting and crochet is so much easier for me. Kudos to you, it's beautiful!!

JD/ Jill said...

So lovely! Brings back memories for me...But I mainly knitted simple patterns like scarfs... My favorite was crochet and makes me wish I could do some more crocheting...(because I did mostly baby things) But I don't think that my arms and my arthritic hands would let me do it anymore.