Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Sparkly Ballerina

Welcome

I recently made this card for a young girl who loves dance and gymnastics.


I started with a piece of paper that had been in my spray box, that was mainly Lindy's Magicals in 
Get a Guy Gold... and it was delightfully sparkly... 

I then saw the lighter coloured piece on my desk, a snippet from a piece which had also been sprayed, but not fully used, with some of the same gold spray. That was placed on the the middle of the card,


I stamped and fussy cut the image (from an older Rosie's set of stamps)  I added the gold strip for a stage, and some brown for a shadow, but it didn't quite work out how I envisaged it... 
The dress was then stamped on a snippet, in Altenew inks from the Shades of Purple set of mini ink cubes, and fussy cut, painted very generously with WoS, and layered over the profile of the dancer,
I positioned the completed dancer on the centre panel of the card.


The 'stage' was then framed with snippets of lace to form curtains, tied back with fine gold cord.


The sentiment was gold embossed on the background paper, some of the sparkle in the paper can be seen in this above photo.  The stamp is from a now defunct company, and was one of my originals some 20 years ago, or more!!


The inside was finished with a strip of the background paper


And the envelope with lace and the gold tape, as I was hand delivering it!

I am linking this to:
(Snippets of card used for part of the background, the dancer and her dress, 
snippets of lace for the curtains)


20 comments:

brenda said...

How delicate and pretty Maxine, sounds perfect for the young lady and you can almost hear the soft tones of Swan Lake.

B x

Glennis F said...

Lovely card Maxine, very appropriate

Dawn T said...

a gorgeous ballerina card Maxine. It's so pretty

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design and gorgeous colours xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! How fabulous scenic card you made!! LOVE the lace you added to the amazing stage of the dancing ballerina (do you know that "ballerina" is the same word in Italian language? Strange thing :) ) Your fussy cut works so well, it seems that the image gets life! A masterpiece!

Chris said...

A perfect setting for your delicate dancer, so pretty and feminine with the beautiful lace and sparkle.
Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
DT

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the ballerina and the lace curtains round the stage.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Neet said...

I love how you used lace for the curtains on your card. Very tactile and so much fun for a young lady. I love the layers at the base, it does work and creates the stage perfectly in my opinion.
Your dancer is beautiful and with the added sparkle I am sure she delighted the recipient along with all the other bits and pieces mentioned.
God Bless, Neet xx

jimlynn said...

Magical!!! So beautiful and it's like looking in a window. Love the golden background too.
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous Maxine the image is beautiful I love how you have done the background and the lace netting a super make
hugs
lolo x

Di said...

Beautiful card Maxine - so elegant! I loved going to the ballet - utterly magical - very much kike your beautiful work.

Hugs
Di xx

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful card Maxine, I like how you've created a stage with curtains. I'm certain the recipient loved her card. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Kristine said...

awww... she will LOVE it - very sparkly ♥

Jan Mahew said...

Nothing like a Birthday Ballet! Thank you for sharing your delicate and sparkling creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to you joining us again.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous Maxine, I love you added curtains to the card, she is definitely dancing on stage. I'm sure the girl will love it so much.
Faith x

HilaryJane said...

You have created a brilliant stage with that lace and your ballerina looks beautiful xx

Sarn said...

Very elegant and feminine card.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate later! x

Gerrina said...

I love dansers and this one looks so elegant and with a little bit vintage it is such an interesting card! Hugs, Gerrina

Kampin' Karen said...

Maxine, I echo all the sentiments that went before me. Thank you for playing at the PIP Challenge.
Karen, DT

Becca Sadler said...

I'm sure you've made a young girl very happy with this card tailored to her hobbies. Thanks for sharing it during Oct 10-Nov 9 competition at Ally's Angels! --Becca