Pages

Friday, October 13, 2023

I Have the Bauble Blues...

Welcome

Some months ago, I won a year's supply of new release stamps from Uniko!  To say I was excited was the understatement.  Today's card uses the Mid-Century Modern Baubles set that was in the July/August release.  I was inspired by one of the DT cards, by Steph Mortimor, but also made it my own when I CASE'd it.


I used the elongated ornament to form a mandala, then one of the tiny stamps in the set to form the flower chain through the of the mandala, all stamped in Memento Danube Blue


When I cut the resulting mandala out of the white sheet of card, I tapped a cotton bud/q-tip on the ink pad and inked around the edge of the design to 'hide' the white edges.
It was mounted over a panel I had been experimenting with making backgrounds on.


The sparkle strip is one from a pack I was gifted by a friend, and the sentiment came from a small
New Zealand firm, Montarga


The inside was finished with a trimming from the background panel, and I also inked the edge of the panel in the ink.  (Sorry about the fuzzy image, but the card was long gone before I realised)

I am linking this to:


20 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of one of the stamps you won Maxine! Love this mandala and how you matched it with the tiny stamps and the beautiful background!

jimlynn said...

That was a fantastic win! Congrats!
Love your card too. So pretty and I know it shines with that strip.
Beautiful!
Lynn

Gerrina said...

Oh wow that is a super win! And I love this one! Beautiful in blues! Hugs, Gerrina

Chris said...

Wow! That was a fantastic prize to win, I'd have been excited too!
You've put it to good use in creating this beautifully designed monochromatic card. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Chris
x

Christina said...

Deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut. Danke, dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

LG Christina

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your Uniko win, I am pleased to see what you have been making. I had a win once too and you have reminded me about my collection of Uniko goodies. Love your card and what a good idea to use a cotton bud to ink the edges. I don't think I would have thought of that xx

Julie said...

It turned out just stunning Maxine - such pretty shades of blue in it 💙

aussie aNNie said...

Such a fabulous card and love the stunning blue - perfect colours x

Jan Mahew said...

Such a frosty like monochromatic greeting, Maxine! The glistening of fresh snow. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to you joining us again.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

brenda said...

That was quite a win Maxine and a really effective tone on tone card using one of those stamps, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Kathy said...

Wow, what a win for sure! Your card is gorgeous and so interesting. Love it! Smiles, Kathy

JD/ Jill said...

Great win! And you did a fabulous job with the stamp. I love the shiny blue strip on your card. Makes you card really special!

Dawn T said...

Lovely card and what a great prize. Lucky you!

Carol W said...

Wow Maxine what an awesome card and congratulations on the win. You have created a masterpiece with this stamp. I hope you are feeling better.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, I really like the monochromatic look of this beautiful birthday card!

Neet said...

A delightful card Maxine. I never thought of using a cotton bud to ink the edges, what a good idea. I was amazed at how good your stamping is, you have lined that small flower stamp up perfectly all the way around. No mean feat.
A super card, thanks for sharing
Blessings, Neet xx

Kate said...

What an amazing win!! Congratulations!

I'm loving all those blues - and the fun title of your post too!

Thanks for joining us for our “Who Wants to Live Forever?” (birthday) challenge at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Dora said...

Very pretty card.Thank you for joining at Stampin Sensations

Ellibelle said...

Congrats on winning such an amazing prize!! How fabulous! And you created a really beautiful card with one of the sets!
Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful work, Maxine! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner