Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Shades of Autumn

Welcome
I recently won at I Spy with My Little Eye,
and was offered a guest design position for this months challenge



I started with the orange base and gold rectangles, but placed a snippet of card in the centre, that had been lightly sprayed with gold mica spray.  I did some faux gold stitching around the corners that showed to match it to the gold die cuts.
When I know when/how I will use this card, the sentiment will be adhered across the centre of the card.


I had been 'playing' with my large maple leaf stamp, embossing it and then painting it with watercolours, and very lightly spraying with more mica sprays.  
These I mounted over the gold rectangles with foam dots for a wee bit of dimension.


I also stamped in Versamark ink, and covered with copper Perfect Pearls, my small maple leaf around the plain orange corners - a very subtle detail that is not obvious until the light catches them


The third large leaf was adhered to the left hand side of the card


And some small leaves stamped on the corners of the liner and 'coloured with perfect pearls again


The envelope was stamped with the small stamp in various inks, and then loosely painted with the same (diluted) colours.
The stamps are both from small New Zealand companies, one of which is now defunct, and the other is transitioning to a new internet platform, so I cannot link it at the moment.

I am linking this to:

(I took the orange colour)


22 comments:

Neet said...

I love those leaves. They remind me of sycamore leaves although I understand they are Maple (isn't that the Canadian leaf emblem?). All that inking, spraying and everything has given them a very realistic look. Well done, I love the darker spots that are on them, just like the leaves outside my window today.
Love how you always incorporate all the different elements into the design the envelope and the inner. Beautiful Maxine.
Blessings, Neet xx

Ellibelle said...

So happy to have you as a guest designer at "I spy" this month! Your card is so beautiful, those large leaves are stunning in their watercolor look and the golden accents are so wonderful! Beautiful envelope too, I need to get better at making matching envelopes, I so rarely do!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Those leaves look amazing, Maxine! Beautiful card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What gorgeous leaves, I love all the gold of Autumn, with the reflective leaves on the background too. Love you added one of the leaves to the insert and to the envelope too. Another great set of beauty.
Faith x

HilaryJane said...

The shine on this one is even better. You have made those leaves look really special xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Autumnal creation Maxine love the leaves and your card design
hugs
lorraine x

jimlynn said...

Congrats on the guest spot!
I love this card Maxine. The leaves....whoa!!! They look so real and like I could reach out and touch them. Gorgoues colors and so pretty!
Lynn

Heather said...

So, so pretty, Maxine - gorgeous coloring on those leaves! The gold panels are just lovely - love the subtle texture on them, too - cool effect! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Julie said...

Those mounted stamps look so much like the real thing Maxine - I have a tree here that has leaves just like that in the autumn. xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous autumnal card Maxine, the colouring and sheen on your leaves are absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for being Guest Designer for “I Spy” challenge this month.
Pauline xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Great embossing and I love the gold accents on this pretty Autumn card, Maxine. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous look for this card, love the gorgeous maple leaf!
Congrats for your GD spotlight at Ellibelle's challenge!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Leaves Maxine.

Darlene said...

What a beautiful design Maxine! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Irish Cherokee said...

Congratulations on the guest designer spot. Love your design. The leaves are gorgeous. They capture real leaves nicely. Exceptional card.

Hugs and Blessings

Debbie Mageed said...

So perfect for a wonderful autumn card. Your leaves are beautiful and love the gold layers! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card love the fabulous colours here and that design is awesome ♥

Billie A said...

Very pretty fall leaves and design. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I love Fall cards because of the colors and leaves and your card displays them both perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
hugs

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again catching up on DT work, thank you so much for sharing this beauty at Four Seasons challenge!

cass said...

Beautiful autumn project, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start for our Anything Goes challenge.

Ilonka said...

What a wonderful card, thanks for sharing it with us at Sheepski Designs Challenges Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT