Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Thanks and birthdays



Today has been wet and cold, a great day to be inside and crafting :-). I spent time in the morning knitting, and another cm has been added to the shawl, then this aftenoon was out to the studio and a couple of cards were completed - playing with new papers that I received this week.


The first was made using some handmade paper from a Trade Aid store - I tried it several ways before I settled with mounting it on white and then dark brown. Despite the thanks label - cut with a shapability - and ribbons it still looked rather stark, so I got the chalks out and coloured the flowers, and was happy with the result!


The next card used some metallic fibre/paper that was also in the gift - I sponged the edges of the card with chalk rouge ink and Adirondack Espresso ink. Next was the metallic layer, then some lace and ribbon, then a cuttlebug embossed layer (using the textile texture folder - do love that one) then the white, which was cut and embossed using nestabilities. The angel and greeting were embossed with gold, and I added some twinkling H2O paint to the wings of the cherub. I popped this up on dimensionals, and added the silver brads as a wee feature . I must admit it looks better IRL, but as the day was wet and dull, I had to take the photoraph inside under a halogen lamp and flash - not the best conditions.
thank you for taking an interest in my world and creations. Please leave a comment - they are always appreciated.

3 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxine - I see you have been making the most of the weather! Lovce the crads - the chalked DP is fabulous!! Your embossed Dp on the second one is a great touch too - Textiles is one of my favourite folders. Love that image!! The sad fact for all cardmakers Maxine is - the camera doesn't often do our creations justice - but these look great! Well done and thaks for sharing!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Flowers said...

Great creativity there! These are by far the coolest ever! Love your Cards

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the papers being used already, Maxine. The cards look lovely!
Your DIL.