Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mr Turtle

Hello to all my cyber visitors - it's good to 'see' you here!

I have made a habit of not reading some of the challenge 'rules' recently and have managed to 'disqualify' myself from a couple as a result - not that I am unduly worried, but I thought that this card filled the criteria for two challenges, so I would leave it at that.


I had an order for a card for a youngster, and started with this stamp 
from  Bugaboo Stamps, and thought it would be good to use on the sketch from the Stampin Royalty challenge, and this is the result.

I coloured the turtle with Stampin' Up pencils and then water brushed them. Added crystal and gold KindyGlitz, and mounted the panel on some metallic blue paper.  Embossed the sentiment (from Hero Arts) , and mounted it on scraps from my stash, cut to size.  The stitching in the sketch was replaced with ribbon, and the buttons with more metallic paper cut into circles.

This is a very cheerful card and I am very happy with it as, perhaps surprisingly, I struggle with cards for children.

I am linking this to:

Thanks for calling by - may your day be blessed. 

7 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - this is adorable! I love your image and the lovely way you have coloured him - I am sure your card will be loved! Just quietly - I have been known to break a few challenge RULZ myself! LOL! Thanks for sharing Maxine - it is great to see your work! {{{hugs}}}

Hands On said...

Very, very sweet. Love the added glitter to the spots and stripes. So glad you played along with us at Stampin' Royalty.

sue said...

This is very cute!! I love the glitter added to your cute little toitoise!Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Georgeann Manning said...

oh my gosh, CUTE!!! great card! thanks for playing this week's Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Grace said...

Hi Maxine! It was so good to see you on my blog tonight! I have been thinking of you and praying for you all as well!!! Your card is adorable and I love all the glitz!!! I know this little one will love it! I struggle with kids cards too! I also have been known to overlook a few challenge rules too.... some of the writeups are just soooooooooo long! LOL! In a mad dash I think I have skimmed it enough only to find .... nope! Anyway... you are in good company!!! :) Hope you are doing well!
hugs,
Grace

Unknown said...

What a great card! Thanks for joining in with us at Southern Girls this week. I have a Magnolia stamp candy on my blog if you are interested :)
Alicia xx
http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/

MariLynn said...

Adorable!!!