Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Off the Edge

Greetings to you all once more - I am home again and finally back to blogging - it has been a very eventful week, but life is a wee bit calmer now.

I have been fascinated to try the challenges from the Less is More blog, where this weeks challenge is "Off the Edge" - to make a single layer card with the focal point going off the edge (of the card).
I have taken a  liberty with the challenge - that my focal image is off the edge of the sponged background I created - maybe I have just disqualified myself...

The sponged square technique I learnt from the Less is More blog several weeks ago, and the effect here is to look as though the butterfly is flying in front of a cloud.
The butterfly is from the Layers of Color Flutterescent set and I embossed it with gold - loved the look of it as it is so I did not try to colour it at all.

I finished the card by stamping the sentiment in Tsudineko Memento Danube Blue, the darker of the two inks I used to sponge the square with - the other ink was Summer Sky from the same company.


The only embellishment was some narrow gold ribbon and a bow.
I am linking this to:


Thanks for calling by - may your day be blessed.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi

Such a lovely CAS card. The layout is wonderful, I love how you have embossed the butterfly.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Chrissie said...

Hi Maxine,
I just looked back at the posting to see exactly how we worded this challenge... we did actually say off the edge of the card, so strictly speaking your submission doesn't comply, and as such wouldn't be eligible for ShowCASing, but I'm sure everyone will love to look at this lovely creation.
I love the sponging technique and you have used it really well.
Great to see you and see you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Maxine - this is fabulous! I love the Less is More Challenge - but it is not s strength with me - but mno surprises there! LOL! I love the way you have used the Layers of Color Butterfly - it is embossed so beautifully and look fabulous on the blur cloud! Divine - thank you for sharing - now off to see what else I have missed! {{{hugs}}}

Mandi said...

Hi Maxine
Good take on our challenge, but as Chrissie says it did need to be off the card
Super card though
Thanks for the inspiration
mandi
"Less is more"

Susan said...

Great job on the sponging...love the embossing too!

Seafield Jo said...

This is a really lovely card. JO x

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

It's harder to use less in any artwork, including writing as each element must be carefully chosen. You've done a marvelous job with this card, Maxine! Bravo!

Alica said...

wonderful! Love the golden butterfly! So pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Maxine

Love the gold with the blue - gorgeous. Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Michelle said...

Hi

Just popping back in to let you know that you are this week's featured blogger on the Make It Monday linky party with this beautiful card.

Thank you for linking up.

Michelle :-)

fairie said...

I love the embossed butterfly, thanks for playing w/ PaperCupCakes!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Another beautiful gold embossed butterfly!! So pretty Maxine. I hope you are doing well my dear! Big hugs to you,
Melisa