Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Christchurch Relief Auctions

Thank you for calling - it is just a quick post today.
 I made some cards for the Handmade for Christchurch  project on facebook - all the items are donated and then auctioned on the NZ/Aus auction site Trade Me, with profits going to the designated charities. 


I used the Cottage Rose Cling Art Stamp  from Layers of Color, after stamping the front edge was cut back, and a punched border in a co-ordinating colour was adhered to the back layer of the card. 
The punch is the lace border from Martha Stewart
There was no sentiment stamped either the on front or inside, so the cards can be used in many ways - for letters or specific occasions.

This is the full set - envelopes included.

Thanks for calling by - may your day be blessed.

4 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxine - what a beautiful gesture you have done in making these cards for such a worthy Cause! I am saddened by the devastation and loss of so many lives in the Christchurch Earthquakes - compounded by the fact that I have ywo cousins on the Missing List - not so hopeful! Your LOC Cottage Roses are perfect and the border devine! God bless you Maxinw - for being such a HUGE Heart!! {{{hugs}}}

Wordbird said...

Maxine...what a beautiful set! You did a lovely job using Cottage Rose (one of my favorites!).

This sounds like a very good cause you are donating to.

You're in my prayers...Hugs!

Jennie said...

Beautiful set of cards Maxine! I am going to have to make up a set of these myself. Certainly praying for those in NZ affected by these earthquakes!!

Shirley said...

Hi Maxine, I didn't know about this until now. Are they still taking cards, etc. and how do I contact them, if they are. Your cards are beautiful and I know much appreciated by both the auctioneers and the receivers. I have a TJ friend, Denise Taylor, who lives on the No. island.