Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Twice inspired by Card Patterns# 107

Greetings to you again - I so appreciate your visits.

I also appreciate the fact that I have been spotlighted this week by 
Thank you ladies for the vote of confidence!!

I am showcasing two cards today - the first I followed the sketch at the 
Card Patterns blog quite closely...

The butterfly is a digi from Priscillastyles Store and I love using it - I coloured it with chalks, and then sprinkled gold embossing powder over the image and heated it to give some sparkle to it.




It was mounted on some green 'marbled' paper that I was given from a friend - the texture of the paint on this is amazing!!  This was then mounted on a lacy square.

The centre panel was some pale green paper, punched on either side with a Fiskars punch, and sponged with Adirondack Bottle green ink, and the gold dots are a dimensional glue.  The ribbon is a multi-coloured pastel which was part of a fibre pack given to me by a friend - it was very slippery to tie the bow with, but we got there!!

The base of the card is a very dark bottle green and I puzzled over how to lighten it, when I came across the piece of textured 'paper' with sprinkles of gold over it - they can just be seen in the top photograph - it lightened the appearance of the card and added some more interest.

The next card is really and adaptation of the sketch, and was also inspired by the technique challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, to use newspaper on your card.



I sponged the edge of the newspaper with Tim Holtz distress ink - tea Stain, then went over board and screwed it up and applied the ink direct to paper, balled it up again and then wiped over Whisper Mossy Stone ink. After all the "messyness", I flattened it out and used it as a background.

I stamped the scripture (from Our Daily Bread Designs, Scripture Collection 1) and greeting (by Hero Arts) onto white card using Adirondack Espresso and Versamark inks, and clear embossed it.  After cutting the ovals with spellbinders classic ovals I embossed them and sponged the edges with the mossy stone ink, then the very outside edges with the tea stain.  I then mounted it using a variation of the sketch :-).

I am linking this to:

Thanks for visiting - may your day be blessed





9 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Well cingratulations Maxie - you are really rocking it with your cards! I saw you spotlighted on the Make It Monday Blog as well my friend - you are everywhere! I lov ths image - it is gorgeous and so beautifully chalked! The embossing looks great too - thanks for the inspiration Maxine! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

~amy~ said...

such wonderful cards! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

whoistracy said...

What great cards! Love the sparkle on your first one. So glad you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

Lindsay said...

These are great, love that butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

karen said...

Great cards, love the embossed butterfly, so pretty! thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week, Karen

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love how you treated the paper to make it look so vintage. A great way to reuse newspapers. Thanks for playing my challenge at the OCC this week!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love what you did with the newspaper - very cool result and it makes an awesome background paper! Wonderful job on the recycled packing challenge! So happy you could join in our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love how you distressed the newspaper- it looks like something you could buy at the craft store! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

Bonnie Garby said...

Great cards! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.