Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

Fruity and Floral Twofer

Welcome

I decided to take up the  Twofer challenge this month, with the theme of Fruity - I am only just scraping in .... 


I used a pear image from an old Stampin' Up set Infinite Goodness.

Both cards took a life of their own - I started white embossing the pears on kraft coloured paper   - they would not fit on the card the way I had planned...


Plan B was to trim them out and line them up on this long thin card


the sentiment was stamped and copper embossed,  the numerals die cut of Champagne glitter paper


I added some colour with Prismacolor pencils to the pears


The ribbon was some that my grand children had salvaged for me, and I added a line of  rhinestones in a soft amber colour to finish the card


The inside was finished with the final snippet of the ribbon.

The pansy card started as I tried to stamp a larger flower with four front petals, and four in behind - it was not working, but suddenly I 'saw' a pansy, so again I went to plan B ... 
This time with googling some pansy images - I discovered that there are all shapes of pansies! Some with large top petals, and some with nearly any  - thankfully.


So with a lot of trial and error and masking, I finally managed to stamp this pansy using the base of the pear stamp!


I kept the card simple and let the pansy take the stage, but did add a butterfly in lemon sparkle card with a couple of gold rhinestones to finish, and masked the pansy and stamped some sublte leaves around it.


The sentiment (Rubadubaboo stamps, a New Zealand firm)  was stamped in the Sweet Plum Memento ink  that the pear/pansy was, and then embossed with clear embossing powder.
The edges sponged with the same ink


The inside was finished with a strip of washi tape. 

Thank you for staying with me for this long!

I am linking this to :


                      


23 comments:

Darnell said...

You are truly a go-with-the-flow kind of person, aren't you, Maxine? Ready to shift gears with ease and that kind of thinking is what gave us the gift of these two unique designs! I love how the anniversary card turned out with your lineup of pretty pears, one for each decade! The rhinestone-embedded bit of ribbon worked beautifully as a platform for them! And you really impressed me with your outside-the-box thinking to turn your pear into pansy petals! It worked!! I think the coloring and sweet butterfly are terrific! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

Hoe clever Maxine, I would never have thought of using the pear to create the flower and such a pretty one at that.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Two amazing designs and both absolutely beautiful. What a great pear stamp.x

Dawn T said...

Very clever use of the pear for your cards.

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous how this flower with the pars stamp made turned out!
Great card design again here!
Love it!
Happy new week Maxine!
Susi xxx

Monica said...

That is so cool, Maxine to make a pansy out of the pear stamp. Both cards are so neat but the flower one is a genius idea. And what great colouring.

Take care,

Monica

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Maxine, how clever of you to create a pansy with your pear stamp - it looks beautiful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Anita in France said...

These lightly coloured, kraft pears are wonderfully organic and rustic, Maxine ... and how brilliant to create your pansy with the same stamp ... it's bright, bold and so pretty ... and perfectly adorned with that shimmery, delicate butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

oldpunca said...

You've created two fantastic cards with a wooden pear stamp! I like the idea to use one pear for one decade. It is an elegant design of the anniversary card. I have to admit, that I'm not abble to make one perfect print with wooden stamp. I can not imagine to stamp such a perfect bloom out of pear wooden stamp. Respect! Well done!
Hugs, Sonja

jimlynn said...

From pears to pansies! WOW! VERY creative and so pretty. Love the way you used the pear to make a pansy. Fantastic cards Maxine.
Lynn

Sue said...

Two amazing cards, Maxine. So creative to use the pear stamp to make a pansy, beautiful! x

Mac Mable said...

Plan B is fabulously creative Maxine and so very clever. Your anniversary card is fabulous too with a great horizontal design and the pears look wonderful. Both cards are amazing x.

Brenda said...

You clever girl you Maxine! I am totally loving both of your Twofer's! That pear image is fabulous, so artsy and I love it as an anniversary card. Loving that ribbon the grands salvaged for you. The added gems is so fun and pretty. But then to take that pear image and make a pansies is pure genius! I love how your pansy turned out-the coloring is great as is the butterfly that landed on it. The little teeny tiny pansies we call little monkey faces because they have a face that looks like a monkey! lol Hugs, Brenda

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! wow! WOW! Such a sensational way to use that pear stamp - in TWO ways! Your creativity is amazing, Maxine!

Gerrina said...

Such a great idea! Both look beautiful, but favorite are the colours of the flower... Hugs, Gerrina

Kara Lynne said...

So glad you let those cards take you where they wanted to go! Those pears on kraft remind me of bosc pears, which are my favorite kind. How clever to see a pansy emerging and you finished it off beautifully! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous and I like them both but especially the one with the pears. It's beautifully done and I love the style.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

How clever to turn a pear into a pansy! Brilliant indeedy!
Great imagination in both cards.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Neet said...

Two great cards, clever use of the pear stamp, especially using it as the base for the pansy. That was very clever how you managed to create a pansy like you did and it looks perfect taking centre stage on the card.
Blessings, Neet xx

creationsnz said...

Brilliant use of the pear stamp to make a pansy Maxine! CarolG

Loll said...

I just love your creativity using your pear stamp Maxine. Both cards are fantastic using the pear image. If you has posted your pansie card by itself, I would never have know it was made from a pear image ... that is so clever! Great twofer! xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are so creative and quite clever! I so love your embossed pear card, and however you came up with the idea of making a pansy- brilliant!

betty-NZ said...

I'm impressed, too! Lovely creativity with a beautiful final project :)


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World