Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Monochrome Butterfly Sympathy

Welcome

I recently watched a video by Natasha Foote on masking and this card is one of the results.

The butterfly stamp I used was from Layers of Color, a now defunct firm but, I still love their beautiful images, of which I have a large selection.


The ink I used throughout is Memento Grape.

I stamped and embossed the first image, masked it then stamped upwards, masking each successive image to create the stack, but not embossing any of the subsequent stamping.  I used the same technique to stamp the bottom part of the stack.


The sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs, now Divinity designs, is another old stamp.
I did not emboss it, but did repeat stamp it to get a deep ink coverage


As I had some smudges on the original panel, I trimmed down one edge following the pattern of the wings.
I adhered that to a pale mauve card base that I had sponged ink around the edges of.  I then placed some lace next to it, and covered the join with the dark purple card strip


The inside was finished with a corner stamped with the butterfly off the edge


I am linking this to:

(I used ink)


22 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card for such a sad occasion.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Donna Walls said...

I love watching Natasha, she's such a great crafter and I love how she always says use what you have. Your Sympathy card is lovely and the technique is wonderful. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at The Paper Funday. We love seeing all the entries.
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this sympathy card is beautiful with its many butterfly images and that lace.

Karen Letchworth said...

Oooooo....this is so pretty, Maxine. I love the colors.

Glennis F said...

A lovely result, and a perfect stamp to use for this technique

At Home In New Zealand said...

This is a stunning card, Maxine, and perfect for the sentiment it expresses.

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Maxine, a fabulous card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Maxine. Natasha is so inspiring. You've used the perfect stamp for your card.

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome great card and image here, great masking too ♥

Gerrina said...

Wow! This looks so beautiful! Love the purple and the way you used the butterfly is stunning! Hugs, Gerrina

R's Rue said...

So pretty my friend.

Karen Dunbrook said...

really gorgeous looking card, love the effect.
xx Karen

Becca Sadler said...

Gorgeous card that will certainly lift and encourage the saddest hearts. Well done!

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a super cool and gorgeous card Maxine! I love how you did the butterflies, very effective design. The lace is so pretty on your card too. Just gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that is so beautiful Maxine. Gorgeous design hun and beautiful ink work. Sad to need to create these cards, but the older we get, the more we seem to need. Hope you're well hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Dawn Phillips said...

So beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Maz said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday. Best of Luck!
Maz DT
https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Great sympathy card. Those are always hard to create. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday.

Barb said...

WOWZA--so pretty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this wonderful card- the lace on the edge adds such a wonderful touch! The graduated colors on the butterfly are so very pretty! Beautiful card!

creationsnz said...

Love the graduated stamping, perfect for a sympathy card. CarolG

Neet said...

I have not seen this technique before but oh my goodness, how effective is that. I love it. I doubt I could do anything quite so accurately as this is but I will be trying.
Maxine, this is a credit to you.
Blessings, Neet xx