Over the past few years... yes, years, I have been gradually using up oddments of wool in my stash to make a blanket, and I also bought a few new balls of wool along the way,
This is the finished article!!
The small centre blocks were all knitted together as I went, and the first layer of stripes were also knitted onto that block - and then RSI and cubital tunnel struck, so it came to a grinding halt.
You can see here that some thinner wools were knitted together, and that sometimes I used only small sections of one colour, just using up the 'bits'
I was given some variegated acrylic yarn, and crocheted the edges to give a colourful finish and a firm edge.
I also made up a handful of crocheted circles to tie it all together, and added them to the centre panel to brighten it up a wee bit, and to, in one instance, hide an 'oops'.
So that was my wee bit of knitting.