Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Poppies for Mother's Day

Welcome  

Mother's Day in New Zealand is in May, so this card was requested a wee while ago.

I started by cutting the white panel with a stitched rectangle die, then masking the edge to stamp the image - an older Sweet n Sassy set, precious poppies,


The images were coloured with my Polychromo pencils, then coated with WoS, which seems to have smoothed out the shading somewhat.


I then brushed some ink onto the background


And added some 'worker stamps' in blue, golden Glitz and grey


The envelope was given a poppy border, using a smaller stamp from the set


And the inside finished with another stamp from the set, and a green and orange trimming - the orange is two layers of narrow washi tape. 

I am linking this to:
(Faux stitching on the focal panel)


15 comments:

Gerrina said...

I just love poppies; IRL and stamps! These look beaitiful this way! Enjoy the weekend!

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh x
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

jimlynn said...

Pretty poppies and I love the background too. Lovely card!
Happy Mother's Day!
Lynn

Linby said...

So pretty and I really like your dreamy background. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful Poppies, Maxine, perfect for Mother's Day! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Allsorts challenge!

HilaryJane said...

There are poppies everywhere here at the moment so yours just remind me of how beautiful they look against a clear blue sky xx

Brenda said...

Ha, glad I'm not the only one who was a bit late in posting Mother's Day cards. LOL I this poppy card, the background is so cool looking and your poppies are colored so nicely. I bet that WoS sparkles nicely! Always fun to do the envies as well as the insides of the cards. Hugs, Brenda

brenda said...

Very prettily done Maxine and as it's Poppies ticks all my boxes, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts new challenge.

B x

Cynthia said...

Lovely Mother's Day design, Maxine. Fun background for the red poppies. Thank you for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week! Take Care!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Also in Italy - on the other side of the world - Mother's day is in May. Your card looks so pretty with these poppies and love the way you made the background!

Dawn T said...

A lovely card Maxine. Poppies are so beautiful and your card is too.

Sue said...

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Maxine, this is so beautiful hun! So lovely to see you joining our 'No Designer Paper' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. I love what you've done, the poppies are gorgeous and so is your fabulous stamped background. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Renske Wishes You said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge.

Crafty Hugs, Renske

Neet said...

Poppies are my favourite flowers and these remind me so much of some that my MIL gave to me from her garden before she moved house.
This is a delightful card, the background really works with the poppies, they certainly compliment one another.
Blessings, neet xx